Our vacation was pretty packed with fun stuff, as you've seen, but I also really enjoyed the moments that were just...restful. Granted, traveling with a five year old and two year old doesn't really lend itself to rest, but there were a few moments....
One afternoon, while Kaylah took her nap, Hannah and I did a little craft project together. We salvaged the foam beads not lost or chewed beyond recognition by Kaylah, and we made bracelets. Here I am sporting mine - and a fresh tan!!
Since I so lovingly spared you the beach pictures, I thought I would at least let you see the hot tub picture. This tub, as you can see (and will see again a few pictures down) has a mirror behind it. ON THE ENTIRE WALL. Oh and there's a shower head in it, too. What on earth is relaxing about taking a shower in front of a full wall mirror?
One afternoon, we had a rain shower for a couple of hours. It was actually the day we'd been to the pool in the morning, so we were all exhausted. The girls napped, I forget what Faith did, and I read and journaled...and slept a bit, too.
After the rain, Hannah and Kaylah asked to go to the playground, but everything was soaked, of course, so we went for a walk instead. Kaylah wanted to "pick flowers" - which meant a giant clover bouquet!
Love these pictures!
More of our walk.
Did I mention I was the official vacation chef? This day was baked spaghetti day - complete with garlic bread and homemade croutons! This was another way Faith and I made the vacation affordable. We did our own cooking while we were there! I do love to cook, so it was fun for me.

And we had a little patio table for our dining atmosphere.....

HERE is the hot tub. This is bigger than my entire BATHROOM!! And if you look in the mirror, you can see that shower head.

Don't mess with me while I'm blogging!!

After the munchkins went to bed each night, Faith and I found our respective couch spots (which in reality were much farther apart than this photo opp would make you think) and spent the evening catching up on the online world. Oh and we uploaded pictures too. We would swap camera cards and count how many we'd each taken that day. Although we deleted some, our grand total (combined) for the duration of our vacation topped FIVE HUNDRED. Don't judge us. We scrap.
And we had a little patio table for our dining atmosphere.....
HERE is the hot tub. This is bigger than my entire BATHROOM!! And if you look in the mirror, you can see that shower head.
Don't mess with me while I'm blogging!!
After the munchkins went to bed each night, Faith and I found our respective couch spots (which in reality were much farther apart than this photo opp would make you think) and spent the evening catching up on the online world. Oh and we uploaded pictures too. We would swap camera cards and count how many we'd each taken that day. Although we deleted some, our grand total (combined) for the duration of our vacation topped FIVE HUNDRED. Don't judge us. We scrap.
2 comments:
Love it, Bekah! I noticed the couch upholstery matched the picture above the couch. Hmmmm...
Gotta love rentals, right? :)
Post a Comment