Please let the record show that although I love playing putt-put, I stink at it. I mean I truly stink. Normally if I'm no good at something, I hate participating (because face it...who likes losing?). But I really do like doing this as long as my fellow participants aren't gloaters.
Once, several years ago, Faith and I had a good friend get married and we were both bridesmaids in her wedding. After the rehearsal and dinner, all the girls went go-carting and putt-putting. Everyone in the entire wedding party got a hole in one EXCEPT ME. So we have pictures of everyone celebrating their hole in one...and me pouting because I didn't get one.
Some things never change.
These pictures are in a very random order because I'm journaling and folding laundry and watching HGTV and realizing I should be in bed...all while posting this.
It was an 18 hole course, but the two munchkins only had 9 holes of an attention span. So this was taken after we quit halfway through. Kaylah thought the club made a great snack....
The one rule we did manage to teach them that night was this: STAY OFF THE GREEN!!!!
Hannah learned her technique from her Mom. Lots safer than learning it from me. :)
And when she got tired of the technique she learned...she made up her own. She had a method of golfing that greatly resembled the mysterious Olympic sport of curling....
Okay so "Get off the green!!!" wasn't always well understood....
When you can't win...just pose with the features.
Hannah assisted Kaylah in this hole by holding back the stupid swinging pole that was in the way. She did the same for Faith. When my turn rolled around, that little stinker let it go right when my ball got to the hole!!
You can't say my inability to putt-putt is due to lack of concentration...
My nemesis. That stupid barn had a little windmill thing inside. I had to get down on my hands and knees and push the ball through. Stupid barn.
Yes, I feel that way too!!!!
My favorite moment was the next day when Hannah and I were talking alone. She looked at me with all seriousness and said, "My favorite thing was when we went clubbing." I looked at her with a combination of surprise and horror. CLUBBING?? Then I realized...golf clubs. Oh yeah.
1 comment:
ROFL! Clubbing! Aren't kids just fun sometimes?
Post a Comment