Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Randomness

There's not even a way to neatly blend all this, but that's okay as long as I say up front it's random. :)

1. Near Disaster. This morning I rushed around to get ready, largely the result of spending the first 45 minutes of my day attempting to argue with the Lord. Now why do I do things like that? I know I'm not going to win! In my rushing and clock-watching, I very nearly mixed up the bottles of eye makeup remover and nail polish remover. In case you're wondering, I was after the eye bottle. This would not have been a pleasant mix-up. Fortunately I caught the impending mistake in time.

2. Book News. I received an email this morning from the company publishing my book, and it has been sent to the printer! Looks like sometime around the first to middle of July, it will be available for purchase! I am very excited - and very nervous!

3. Free Lunch. A work friend and I went to lunch today - to Bob Evans. Haven't been there forever. By the way, Bob Evans sells the world's best honey mustard. I buy it by the jar. Anyway, we ordered and started chatting - and realized that we were 40 minutes into our lunch hour with no food on our table! She asked the hostess if we could get it to go since we were out of time to eat, and we found out our order didn't get put in correctly. Our waiter was new - and you could tell he felt terrible about the mix-up. So our lunch was free and we tried to be extra nice to the poor guy!

4. Great Quote. I think I've told you before that my devotional book for this year is Streams in the Desert. Wanted to share with you this quote, which is just part of today's devo:

Perhaps you are undergoing some trial as God's child, and you are saying to Him, 'O God, it is raining very hard on me tonight and this test seems beyond my power to endure. Disappointments are pouring in, washing away, and utterly defeating my chosen plans. My trembling heart is grieved and is cowering at the intensity of my suffering. Surely the rains of affliction are beating down upon my soul.'

Dear friend, you are completely mistaken. God is not raining rain on you - He is raining blessings. If you will only believe your Father's Word, you will realize that springing up beneath the pounding rain are spiritual flowers. And they are more beautiful and fragrant than those that ever grew before in your stormless and suffering-free life.

Amen to THAT. Jesus...find me faithful.

2 comments:

Julie said...

hey- we're both "due" at the same time! :)

Bekah said...

we are!! Somehow I think you're gonna hafta work harder for yours....