I have some good friends who have a place at the lake, and they are so generous to invite me to visit now and then. I called Mom on the way home tonight and said, "This is the greatest gig I have...the chance to visit the lake!"
This was my first time to spend the night at the lake, and I went with car packed (a.k.a. too much luggage for overnight). Just had the best time!! Here's a peek at my weekend.
Last night after we all arrived, we went out on the boat. Here I am with my friend Ronda. She has been such a blessing to me in recent weeks. (Well for much longer than that, but especially in recent weeks.) She always just makes me feel like part of the family!!
We took a slow boat ride around the lake, and I found this little cottage. I have no idea who lives there, but I thought it was as darling as could be.
Ronda's son, Jonathan, went skiing last night. He wanted me to ski. I'll pause for you to laugh as hysterically as I did at that very thought. I asked him if he'd rather spend his evening on the water or in the emergency room. :)
On our way back to their place, we saw this gorgeous moon!
Woke up this morning to rain falling on the roof. (Better than through the roof, no?) Though not a fan of rain or storms, I admit it was pleasant to awaken to that gentle sound at the lake. And though I was up much earlier than I normally am on a Saturday, it was so sweet to curl up to the lake view, coffee in hand, and journal. What a beautiful time!
Remember when I wrote about McGee's boat launch and the scary tunnel of spiders? This is the tunnel. We had to go through it to the other side of the road. (Shiver.) We did NOT have to do that this time...praise the LORD!
I know y'all are going to call me crazy for this, but I'm serious...I can hear God ever that much clearer on the lake. It's true. We parked at the swimming hole for a while and I hunkered down to write. Loved hearing His whisper over the water...
I adamantly refused to get in the lake. I didn't want my hair to get messed up, but that argument didn't last long once I remembered I never did my hair today. Woops. I really am much more of a pool girl than a lake girl in swimming because seaweed and sea creatures give me the heebie jeebies. And while I can "swimmish" - I can't really swim, and that was necessary at this location. I gave in to sitting on the back of the boat to dangle my legs....
Look who caved to peer pressure.
Today Jonathan practiced his wakeboarding skills. He really improved a lot over just the course of today! I was impressed. Last time I was on the boat, I was only in charge of taking pictures. This time, my skills increased. I took lots of pictures (you have to do that with this sports stuff or you never get a good one), but I also had to learn the signs for "faster," "slower," and "just right" to relay them from Jonathan to his mom while she drove. That took some tweaking. And by tweaking I mean epic failures of translation. I also learned how to help check ropes for knots, slide skis across water, retrieve a wakeboard out of the water without scratching the boat, and help guide the boat into the pier. Whew. That was a lot to learn in one weekend!
Little one-handed trick. I couldn't do it with two hands and an army of angels. That's why I take pictures.
3 comments:
Bekah - you have some really neat friends. You looked relaxed! I'm glad Ronda invited you.
Oh yeah: Delta Vines aka Tsofah
I recognized you! :) I do have some great friends...they're good to me!
Post a Comment