** If you missed yesterday's post...please, oh please, oh please...scroll down and read it. I'm so excited about the faith boost God sent to my heart and I'd love for you to share in it too! **
I was writing that post about 9:30 last night, and when I was almost done, I heard a storm rolling in. We've had more than our fair share of storms this summer, and I've grown weary of them. That thing hadn't been here more than ten minutes when the power went out.
For good.
In case you're wondering what happens in Bekahland when the power's out from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., please do continue reading.
· I began to sweat because of the lack of air conditioning, and I couldn't open a window because it was raining. Literally from all sides.
· Finally opened a window anyway because I was annoyed with the excessive heat. Braeya crawled in the partially opened window and promptly blocked all cool air.
· I realized I only had one bar of power left on my phone – which had been promoted to my alarm clock since alarm 1 and alarm 2 require electricity.
· So....I fiddled with a battery operated decorative clock I have – which does happen to have an alarm on it – as a backup.
· After successfully setting it, I realized I had no idea if the battery in said clock was fresh enough to keep actual time.
· Consequently I began stressing about what to do if the phone died and the battery clock wasn’t right. I am NOT one of those people who just "wakes up" in the morning. Left to my own devices I won't notice the light of day until at least 11:00.
· Deciding that the power would not be back on during any decent hour, I turned off all the lights I could remember being on so when the power did return, everything would be as it should.
· Laid down on a sheetless bed because after (more than I’ll admit) weeks of not having washed them, I picked last night to do so and they weren’t dry yet. Of course.
· Got back up to check the open windowsill for rain and saw that the gas station down the street had power. I texted a friend thinking maybe he had power and I could go over there for a while. But he was out of town at his sister's. She had power. Lotta good THAT did me.
· I proceeded to complain to him via text for a while and ended with “It’s a blessed good thing I like to pray.”
· Decided to actually pray since I couldn’t do anything else.
· While praying, I remembered I had planned to do my nails. That doesn’t require electricity. Found the flashlight and did my nails.
· Then I had to turn off the flashlight because it was too hot.
· Decided to return to praying.
· While praying, the sheetless bed began to get very hot, so I decided to get down on my “God rug” to sleep, thinking the floor would surely be cooler. Of course it's also hardwood. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.
· After a couple of minutes, I got up to hide the battery clock in the bathroom because the ticking was keeping me awake and there was no fan to drown it out.
· Fell asleep.
· Woke up to a text from a friend asking if I was okay. Okay in body, yes. Dreadfully annoyed in spirit.
· Fell asleep.
· Woke up to the power coming on, which led me to rush to the air conditioner to get that going.
· I checked through the vent to see if the lights downstairs were indeed off. They were. (Except not really. I forgot the vent was closed. LOL!!! Found out this morning I had a well lit house!)
· With the air back in working order, I moved back to the bed. Opened the laptop. Posted the blog I'd not been able to finish prior to the outage and checked Facebook.
· Went back to sleep at 2. IN THE MORNING.
· All alarms worked. WAY TOO SOON.
4 hours ago
3 comments:
And your trusty weatherfriend that warns you was in Indianapolis!! HAHA sorry I dropped the ball, but I did check to make sure you were OK when i got home. Losing power is the WORST! I probably would have chanced getting struck by lightning and gone outside in it to cool down.
Glad you made it thru
Glad to hear that you made it through the storms okay...well, at least with no physical damage.
I like the title of your post because I'm pretty sure I uttered those words last night as well. It was a wild night around here.
Phats - Hey I appreciated that you checked on me! And I did actually feel guilty after you said you were gone - I was like, man he's going to think all I care about is his weather reporting skills! Hope you really don't feel that way!
If I lived where you do, I'd have gone outside too. :)
Christina - Every time I say the line "Well taht was lotsa fun" I hear Frahnk in my head. You know, from Father of the Bride? I think that was what he said to George about the nahvy blue tux-ado. "This is....lotsa fun!"
Hey you should rent Frahnk! I bet he could keep Ethan and Emily well entertained and you could get some REST>
Post a Comment