Saturday, June 05, 2010

Perspective


I took this picture recently as a reminder to me that despite the desert, life is still good.
Then I looked at the picture for a while and changed my mind.
Life is hard. God is good.
Over in my link list, you'll see a link for Bryson Hummel's blog. Back in 2007, Bryson, who was almost 5 at the time, lost his leg in an accident with a lawn mower. I remember reading all the updates of his health and praying so hard for him as he went through the physical and emotional pain of recovery.
I knew both his parents from our college days, and they sang in one of the small groups that traveled for our school. The only song I remember their group singing contained these lyrics:
Sometimes living takes the life out of you
And sometimes living is all you can do...
In the silence of all that you face
God will give you His mercy and grace
Jesus never said it was an easy road to travel
He only said that you would never walk alone
So when your last thread of hope begins to come unraveled
Don't give up
He walks beside you on this journey home
...Every falling tear is always understood
Life is hard, but God is good.
I thought it was such a perfect song for them - many years later, so I emailed Bryson's dad to remind him of it. He'd forgotten all about the song and said that it was indeed a perfect song for the season.
And though my desert in no way compares to what they dealt with that year, I'm thankful that the same God Who walked with them and loved them and held them...does it for me too. He has been so patient through my many tears and questions and doubts and fears...
So yes, I concur...Life is hard. But my God is so good.

1 comment:

tylannaandjeremy said...

I think you may need to start a clothing line. You are right life is hard but God is SO GOOD!