Friday, June 11, 2010

Water, Water Everywhere!

Sorry - we're back to vacation! :)

Y'all know I love water. It's so peaceful to me!

So when I was in Tennessee, I was excited to find out they had a beach that was on Faith's agenda. There are, in fact, photos of me at the beach. You will not see them, and you are welcome.

Basically, I sat on a little lawn chair and worked on my sunburn again while the kids played. I spent much time journaling, much time praying, and despite two applications of brand new sunscreen, much time burning. Oh well. It's a lovely tan now.

The kids had sand pails and shovels, so of course...building castles was the first order of business!


Then it was time to brave the water. (Why are these thighs cute on a two year old and Heaven-help-us on me?)

Sisters...



Probably also some sisters in this picture. :)


Hannah and Kaylah working hard together. This was shortly before the thunder began and we got out before we got wet!


Loved the beach. I felt guilty for about two seconds that I didn't get in the water to play with the kids or stand with Faith, but I really just loved sitting on the side and soaking up the joy of the beach. So I let go of the guilt. (After all...not my kids!)

The next day, we ventured out again...this time to one of the pools. I wasn't feeling very well that day, so I didn't get in the water there either. I sat on the side, and literally BAKED. There weren't any lounge chairs with umbrellas and by the time I decided sitting at a table was better than roasting, there also weren't any unclaimed tables.
So I kept busy taking pictures. It's really too bad these two have no personality....


Yep - no personality at all.




Aren't those pigtails just something else??


Both days, we were pretty tired when we were done at the water. It can wear a person OUT! But I do have a pretty good tan - especially for it only being the beginning of June. Bring THAT on!

1 comment:

SkyePuppy said...

Oh my goodness! Those girls are absolutely adorable, especially in their water wings and donuts.