Anyway, before I show you the tail end of the pictures, I wanted to tell you this totally unrelated thing...but it just cracked me up. My friend Ronda gave me a Beth Moore book to read. It's one of those journal/books but so far I've only read the first chapter. No journaling yet. The book it's based on is Jesus: the One and Only, and the first chapter in the journal book talks about Mary receiving the news that she's to be the mother of the Messiah. Beth speculates what it would be like to have an angelic visitation.
After reading and crawling in bed for the night, I said, "God, do You think You could maybe bring back that whole angel thing? I could really use the confirmation right now." Now I know that God speaks to each of us in different ways, and the way I hear Him may be very different from the way you hear Him - and that's okay! But I'm so not kidding...right after I said that, I heard His familiar whisper say, "Baby Girl, if I sent an angel to your bedroom right now, you'd wet the bed!" I laughed right out loud in bed. Indeed He's right. Angel request or not, if I looked to the foot of my bed and found a man dressed in white standing there, I would wet the bed, followed by a 911 call, I'm sure! So perhaps He knows best in sticking with the still small voice - at least for me.
Okay. On to the end of a vacation.
This is actually the last picture we took on our vacation. It was about 7:00 on Sunday night and the two munchkins in the back had been up for 13 hours straight at that point. Not even a four hour zoo visit could persuade them to nap. Both of us wanted to nap, but given that we were the driver and navigation helper, we could not indulge in that luxury. Instead, we found a McDonald's drive thru and celebrated our achievement by buying a frappe.
This actually happened before we got to the Louisville zoo, but I wanted to save it for last. Remember on the way down...we encountered the burning trash truck? Well on the way home, we encountered this. Of course we would never WISH an accident on anyone, but we were both praising the Lord we were not in this line of traffic with those two kids in the back asking if we were there yet.
This was the accident. I didn't get the actual car because I couldn't see it until we were past it. It was on its roof and they were extracting people. Didn't look good.
And the line of traffic behind it was (I'm sure) at least four miles long. I just snapped pictures all the way down the line, and not until later, when Faith and I looked at them, did we find the hidden funnies.
For example: in this picture (click to enlarge) the truck says Quick Delivery Service. Um not today!!
People were giving up all the way down the line. Out of their cars....walking around...talking to truckers...you name it. There were random holes in the line where people really gave up and just completely turned around.
No comments:
Post a Comment