I don't think you understand the amount of stuff required to get me...well...anywhere. I'm one of those people who would rather have something and not need it than not have it and wish I did. My purse collection is called "The Mary Poppins Bag" collection. I can't run around with a purse the size of a checkbook. I need the Mary Poppins bag.
An "overnight bag" is a suitcase. A week's travel requires most of the trunk space. You get the idea.
Because I spent my lunch hour praying today, I had to stop by the gas station for a bite to eat and a 32 ounce caffeine boost. When I returned to work and parked my car, I glanced over at my very full front seat. I elected to walk around to that side to pick it all up and proceed back to my desk. Carefully carrying my keys in my hand (because only an idiot would throw them in the purse and risk locking them in the car), I walked around the car, opened the passenger door, and began assembling the armload.
Backpack (containing a change of clothes for VBS) on the back. Check. Journal, Bible, and plate of lunch stacked according to size in left hand. Check. Coke firmly grasped in right hand. Check.
I'm sorry - did you notice which item was NOT on the list?
Oh yes. The Mary Poppins bag. It was firmly located in the front seat. With the keys inside it. And the phone. And of course...because I'm conscious about such things...the door was locked up tight.
Thank goodness we have campus police! Please note that is a sentence I've never before uttered. Did I mention I'm scared of the police? But oh yes - tis the season for Bekah to conquer her fears! So I got to place the call, meet the man at my car, and apologize profusely while he broke in. :)
Second story of the day.
In our office, we have historically had a bit of an issue with people using "real" dishes and leaving them unwashed in the sink. The piles grew until it became impossible to get water out of the faucet.
We were lovingly admonished to wash our dishes.
The piles grew until it became impossible to get water out of the faucet.
We were strongly cautioned against forgetting to wash our dishes.
The piles grew until it became impossible to get water out of the faucet.
We were sternly warned that if it happened again....
The piles grew until it became impossible to get water out of the faucet.
We were heartily lectured, complete with the punctuation of the Jesus stick thudding against the floor.
Solemnly vowing not to speak another word about dirty dishes (after all - we're ALL adults in there!), our fearless - and tired - leader posted the following sign above the sink:
And like good little worker bees, we....
4 comments:
So, did the plate get removed after 24 hrs of foul dirtiness?
NO. One of the secretaries washed it for the owner. And I heard it happened again later this week. So we'll have to find another tactic!
That secretary needs to be sternly scolded! In Jesus' Name, of course.
I couldn't believe it! The dishes themselves don't bother me (because I refuse to use the real dishes at work) but the fact that we've been asked over and over and over to WASH THEM....causes me to get annoyed when people don't!
Post a Comment