Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Blessing

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.
~ 1 Corinthians 1:3-5 ~

As I shared a few posts back, I just went through a time of pretty intense spiritual attack. Thought it would literally kill me. At the conclusion of it, God promised me that during the remainder of my desert, I would not be permitted to undergo that intense of an attack again. It was the best news I'd heard the whole time I'd been in the desert.

The part I should have paid attention to was the part that said "that intense of an attack." I let my guard down just a bit and last night I felt a little nipping at my heels. I knew who it was and I was not about to let him stay around.

Today was a little rough. Had to request prayer reinforcements a couple of times. Cried a couple of times. And yet had a beautiful time of prayer tonight during my workout.

Tonight I also had the opportunity to talk to someone who is hurting. Badly. I recognized so many sentences that came across my computer screen and my heart ached for the hurt being felt. But I was thankful that my time in the desert made me a candidate of understanding. I was thankful to recall what things I loved hearing, what things I hated hearing, and what things I needed to hear whether I wanted to or not.

Pain that serves a purpose is pain well endured. And even though I hate it that another has to hurt...I'm thankful for the way God allowed me to be there for a few minutes of help. He is faithful in all things!

No comments: