I am both excited and nervous to tell you that just a few hours ago, I signed the final form to send my book to print!
The publisher has been reviewing it these past few weeks to make the changes to the cover (that they suggested) and the changes to the interior (that I requested). I received the second set of proofs this past weekend and have been looking over them to make sure all is as I hoped.
I cannot wait to show you the cover!
This book was born out of a desire to know Jesus better. It came forth during a Christmas season when my heart needed to connect with His and I couldn't find a book to lead me through the Advent season. As a result...I studied the Scriptures myself and in writing what I learned, the book made its way onto paper. (Well...screen. Then paper.)
When Christmas rolls around this year, it will have been three years since the project began, and God is still not done using it in my life. As I scanned through portions of it again today, sentences seemed to place themselves in bold font on my screen and I felt God nudging me through my own words. That tells me they were never mine. They were His.
And so...I'm excited to see what other plans God has for this book. What other nudges He might have for those who choose to read it.
6 comments:
This is very, very exciting news.
Do you know when it's supposed to hit the shelves and where it will be carried yet?
Oops, sorry for the double post...Don't know what happened.
LOL - no worries. I asked about the timing of the "release" since I wasn't sure how that part worked, and my understanding is this:
Now that I've signed off, the book will go to the printer, and I'll be notified when it is there. The publishing house has its own online bookstore, so individual copies can be ordered there and will be shipped directly to the person who orders. I can also order them to sell - and any stores that choose to carry it can do the same. I wanted to have it ready well before Christmas, since it's for the whole month of December (or for people who are shopping early!) and hopefully that will happen!
When will you start booking speaking engagements? I'll bet my church would let you talk at our next ladies' tea event.
SPEAKING? I haven't even thought of that! do you want me to do my exit counseling speech?
Post a Comment