Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Women of Faith

Today...a photo essay of my trip to Indianapolis this past weekend to the Women of Faith conference. I pause to tell you that I took (almost) no pictures of the conference itself, because my friend Nita has an uh-mazing camera and I knew her pictures would be ridiculously better than mine. So...I told her I'd steal hers when they were ready (giving her full credit, of course, which makes it NOT stealing...). Meanwhile, I have these to share with you.

Here's the group I went with. I'm on the left, in case you don't recognize my new hair. :) Then there's Nita and her sister Ruthie - and Bre. We had so. much. fun.
Our fancy pants hotel...the JW Marriott in downtown Indy. The one in which security doesn't care for me. :)
Our view from the 14th floor. Pretty amazing, huh?
And to the right...Lucas Oil Stadium. Home of Super Bowl whatever it was last year.

Some very strange things about the hotel included:

1. A full length mirror next to the bed. I took a picture but it looked a little weird so I'm not posting it. Anyway. This mirror ran the entire length of the bed and when I woke up in the morning...HELLO!!!! I'm not really crazy about waking up to a view of myself in the morning!!

2. Frosted glass bathroom doors. Odd to be able to see shadows moving around inside (a little creepy if you're with people you've just met!). And it doesn't hide light well either. (Didn't bother me as I'm scared of the dark anyway - but if you're bothered by light, THAT'S a problem.)
Our hotel from a distance at night as we walked back from the conference.
Nita with the statue outside Victory Field.
The statue was alive, by the way. Yeah. I freaked out.
After Bre's shower, she discovered someone had written in the mirror, "I'm watching you." Hope not, as one of the other ladies fell OUT of the shower that morning. Don't think she wanted an audience!
My early morning picture of the skyline....
Which, two minutes later, looked like this. Stunning.
So that's the photo essay!! Hope to have some other fun pictures for you soon!!!

6 comments:

Mark Allman said...

My favorite basketball player of all time in the first picture. Pretty cool statue.

Ok I am on my fourth try to figure out the letters and numbers. Writing my post is now 2 times shorter than posting my post!! lol

5th now

6th and it now way I am getting this one

7th

Bekah said...

Took me a while to figure out who you were referring to by the basketball player in the first picture!

Mark Allman said...

Larry Bird !! Indiana's finest and one of the all time best players ever and my favorite.

Mark Allman said...

You are doing a pretty good job of guarding him but he is shooting over you!!!

Lynnette said...

Next time you see a statue with a bucket for tips in front, you can be pretty well assured that it's actually a human being. The stone statues don't need tips!

Bekah said...

I didn't even see the bucket. I wasn't looking down. (We were going against the stream of people flooding out of the baseball stadium, so I was pretty bent on not getting anything stolen or losing my people!!!)