Monday, August 13, 2012

Fandana Festival!

I worked my first music festival on Saturday. There was a 2 day music festival in Huntington, so we had many shifts of workers! I lucked out and got the sunny day!!! (Shhhhh...don't tell the people who worked in the rain, mmmmkay?)

This...is the pre-outdoor look. Isn't it so lovely?
 And then I hit the elements:
Please ignore my desperate need for a hair dye job. Believe me...it's not for a lack of effort that it has not been done. But I digress.

Anyway. This festival had 4 stages, and our tent was near the main stage. On Friday night, Chris Tomlin was one of the headliners! (That would have been fun to see...I've never seen him live.)
 Our lovely tent. The van helped protect us from being completely blown over. It was SO BLESSED WINDY out there!!
 They had duct taped a hand weight to the back of the frame that held a poster of concert listings, so I took advantage and did a little workout. Hand weight in one hand...milkshake in the other, baby!!!
 I believe this band was called Jared Mahone. They sang exactly one song I knew. It was a hymn. God bless that hymn! :) But I did enjoy them very much.
 Our friend Clinton Faupel, from RemedyLive was an emcee...
 This band was "The Letter Black." Marion (our IT guy who worked the same shift I did) and I kept messing it up and calling them "The Black Letter." Good thing we didn't introduce them! That would have been embarrassing.
 We did go onstage to make some announcements and to throw fling rings. I managed to not a) fall off the stage, b) throw up, or c) say anything overly embarrassing. I don't think. Here was my view standing backstage before I went out to the "runway."
Ahhhh...the setting sun and a music festival...a good Saturday!
 Right before our shift ended, the crowd by our tent started to pick up. And they brought pizza. Now that was a good idea...
...had they shared, I mean.

2 comments:

Phats said...

Sounds like a fun time!! What kind of milkshake was it?

Bekah said...

arby's orange dreamsicle or whatever it's called. YUM. (And a serving of fruit!)