Tuesday afternoon, I worked a Super Summer Sticker Stop...along with Ken, Ron, Marion and Anna.
I was quite nervous to be assigned the task of driving this big bad boy:
That would be an actual, full size van. Not a mini van. A big van. I took comfort in being large and lime green. Hoped that would give me the right of way. (Isn't that in the driver's manual for the state of Indiana? Biggest, lime-est vehicle has the right of way?)We set up our van and tent in a Wal-Mart (gulp!!) parking lot and handed out new window stickers to people who stopped by - and we also collected items for the Red Cross.
I was putting a sticker on a vehicle when I found out there was an alligator in that car. Yes. A real live, honest-to-goodness alligator. Anna was so excited; she wanted to hold it. I stood a safe billion miles away and relied on the rockin' good zoom feature on my camera!
In the down time - a rousing game of frisbee! I didn't participate in that.
Had fun - especially meeting the people who stopped by.
(That's Marion cleaning a window for a new sticker.)
Best of all? Did you see the DAY we had for that thing? Perfect blue sky and white puffy clouds? Made me feel (only slightly) guilty for the crew from last week - who worked on a freezing cold and very rainy day. WOOPSIE!!!
5 comments:
So Bekah,
I was wondering and it is kinda hard to tell but were those your skid marks next to the tent leading to the van! ?
Oh I assure you I never went fast enough for that!
Sorry to inform you, but I've recently read the good ole Indiana's driver's manual and it does not say: "Biggest, lime-est vehicle has the right of way" Although if it did, I would give the author many points for adding a good dose of humor to the otherwise dry and boring manual. Perhaps they should hire you to spice it up?
Umm where is my Lynne autographed sticker??? :)
Who the heck just totes around an alligator, unless it was their purse ;)
Jamie - oh RATS. I was in such hopes. But I agree with you. Manuals in general are b.o.r.i.n.g. They need humor. Let's work together to spice it up???
Phats - Lynne wasn't at that one! (She worked the one in the rain...) The lady with the alligator travels around doing wildlife shows and stuff. I heard there was a skunk in her car too. Thank goodness it did not make an appearance!
Post a Comment