Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's the Weekly Recap!

This has been a CRAZY busy week, y'all!! CRAZY!! Check it out:

* Last Sunday after church, I went to Mom and Dad's for lunch with the family and to celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary.
It was such a gorgeous day out that I proceeded to go for a leisurely walk on a trail and then did my official run for the day (3.5 miles, thankyouverymuch) later. Topped off the day with a Colts game! (On TV. I didn't run to Pittsburgh for that.)

* Monday was a monumental day in the hair life of Bekah. I got an overhaul:
Took 2 1/2 hours in the chair to get rid of the 2 inches of pure white roots and mess I had going on. Went to visit a friend of mine after that; had a great time talking, laughing, crying (shocker!) and drinking coffee!!!

* Tuesday afternoon/evening I worked the Super Summer Sticker Stop at work, which involved my inaugural experience driving the BIG van and doing a callback to the station to report in on the air about our adventures. I was so nervous about both, but I did it!

* Wednesday we had a going away party for Anna, our intern. The quietest you'll ever hear a bunch of radio folks is when you offer them pizza and ice cream cake. Not a sound except chewing. :) That night I went for another run...not loving my times this week but pretty proud of myself for pushing forward!

* Thursday night I had dinner with the lovely Jenny!! Hadn't seen her in a few weeks, so of course there was much to catch up on. We managed to dodge kids' night at Fazoli's (yay!) but showed up for training night. LOL - we have all the luck. ALL. THE. LUCK.

* Friday I had the day off work and made my way to Indianapolis to attend the Women of Faith Conference! My friend Nita invited me several months ago, so I went along with her, her sister, and her daughter. WE HAD SUCH FUN. (Of course, more on this later...including my run-in with hotel security. Oh yes.)
 * Yesterday was day two of Women of Faith - and I had another great day with my friends! Check out this sunrise from our hotel room. (Yes. I saw a sunrise on a Saturday. AGAIN. What is up with this????)
Pinterest Inspiration. I didn't take a picture of mine (gasp - WHAT!!!??) but I did a take on this cute play-on-words inspired gift for a friend of mine who needed a little pick-me-up:

1 comment:

Mark Allman said...

Nice "overhaul" as you called it. :) Maybe that is what led to your security problem... You did not match the pictures that had of file of you under their watch list!