Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's the Weekly Recap!

* Last Sunday I (once again) tried to show my inner sports fan by cheering on the Colts in their first preseason game. Oh stop it. You're not on the wrong blog. I really wrote that. I donned my from-the-fat-days-Go-Blue! shirt and parked in front of the TV to check out this new guy and found the game to be kind of interesting! (Yes. Again. I said it.)
* Monday evening I went over to Greentown to see Malott and family...at his mother's viewing. So sad for him that she's gone but so thrilled for her that she's no longer hurting! I always hate reuniting with people under those circumstances, but I was glad to see them.

* Tuesday I got a call from my realtor that she wanted to show my house the next day, so I played mad dash to clean before the troops arrived! While out on an errand, though, check out this watercolor sky I witnessed:

* Wednesday I got to join Lynne in interviewing Michelle McKinney Hammond. I remember hearing her speak at Extraordinary Women last fall. So strange to actually be TALKING TO HER. So cool. Then that night...another run. This one only 2.5 miles and it was a ROUGH ONE. Kind of ticked me off that it took me 2 minutes longer than the last time I ran that distance. But as my running partner reminded me, I still did it without stopping and that's an accomplishment.

* Thursday night I had dinner with the fam at IHOP. My brother in law is in town for a couple of days, so we all met up to eat. Jeff, posing with his pancakes....

* Friday night I ran...for only two miles, and it was TERRIBLE! I thought I might die (I didn't, in case you weren't sure) and my time was pitiful. I am told there are days like this. How did I cope? Came home and slept. That'll show it.

* Saturday I got up at 5:00 IN THE MORNING and worked at the Fort Wayne Zoo for the morning. 
More on this later...but it was a fun morning with Anna, our intern...and the prize wheel! :) My first time to work an event that includes that!

Pinterest Inspiration.  A little housewarming gift, if you please....


More on this later too...but here's the little gift I made for Rachel, who just got her first place.

6 comments:

Mark Allman said...

That was a pretty sky picture. Also LED Mag Lights are the best! Oh that guy next to you at the Zoo looks a little deflated..he must have been having a bad day?

Mark Allman said...

Now that's what a call a cup of coffee. No need for refills with that one!!

Lori said...

Thanks for the pancake picture!

Christina said...

I'm so sorry that I missed you at Granny's viewing. I was close by, but on "kid duty" which was probably in everyone's best interest!

I'm jealous....you got to go to the Fort Wayne zoo. I really like that place.

And finally, may I just say that you are my hero. I've never run ONE lousy mile without nearly dying, even when I was young and fit. 2.5 and 3 miles....you're awesome!!!!

Phats said...

Are you ready for your second trip with Cara and I to Purdue??? :)

You should have told me about Monday I would have met you there, I didn't get over there feel bad.

Did you force the brother in law to take that picture??

Bekah said...

Mark - always room for coffee refills!!

Lori - WELCOME!!

Christina - I"m so sad I didn't get to see you. I figured you must not be there or someone would have said something!! Sadness. I want to actually GO to the zoo to see it for real...and thanks for the running encouragement! If it weren't for my running partner, I could NEVER make it.

Phats - I'm ready for football but my fall is NUTS crazy and I"m not sure I can go! :(