Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Redemption

The things I find when I start opening drawers...it's amazing. I hide so much stuff from house hunters! This week I opened the little cubby on the fireplace where I stash the remotes...and I found a post it note with a blog post idea. Don't mind if I use it now!

I'd seen this one somewhere...can't take credit for it. Using the first letter of my name, give a word to describe Jesus.

This word came to mind immediately, and if I use my given name of Rebekah, it fits the criteria:

REDEMPTION.

I was at the grocery store earlier this week and ran into two people I'd not seen in forever. They, of course, asked the standard "How are things?" and I was so thrilled to say that everything was wonderful. Not a single complaint. (Not even in my house remaining on the market!)

Both of them knew me and walked with me through that season of deep heartache two years ago, when I lived in a spiritual and emotional desert and spent all my time pacing and crying and wishing I could just melt into the wall somehow.

The days when life stopped and nothing seemed it would ever be right again.

How thankful I am that He's the God of redemption. How thankful I am that the brokenness I felt is completely gone. That healing has taken place. That I no longer cry myself to sleep every night in hopelessness and I don't awaken to that dull ache in the pit of my stomach. That I have hope for a future.

And I can say that because He has redeemed it. He has brought life from death.

This is Who He is to me.

My Redeemer.

And this is how my heart feels about that:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You Father for redeeming, healing, preserving, restoring your child, Rebekah.

Unknown said...

Oh my, I love that song. Thank you for it. I needed that today.

Phats said...

Were they from EHS?

Bekah said...

Anonymous - AMEN! And thank you!!

Kristin - You are welcome - are you feeling better?

Phate - No...IWU. Why?