Tuesday, August 07, 2012

End of Summer Doldrums

I know I'm not going back to school, and I know we still have several weeks of summer left (both by the calendar, and no doubt by the heat index)...so why does it feel like summer is OVER??

Perhaps because this is what happened to all my petunias:
It wasn't for a lack of diligent watering on my part. I think it was the 23429387492374028937 degree days. You're looking at bona fide fried petunia. Sadness indeed.

No point in buying more summer flowers, as my guess is any remaining in the store look like what I already own, free and clear. And I'm just not ready to think about fall flowers quite yet.

My house is still on the market almost 14 months after I listed it...and I'm not complaining. God has me here still for a reason and I'm happy to be here in the place that has once again come to be my home. But I've reached one of those points where I don't want to put so much more investment (emotionally speaking) into this place, in the event that it does sell. At the same time, I realize I've gotten lazy when I look up and still see things like this sitting around:


Good grief. I think what I need is a good kick in the seat of the pants to get me into gear of at least sprucing up the place. Spring cleaning in the summer, if you will.

Here are my current attempts to help. I took down the ripped-to-tattered-shreds garden flag that fell victim to some summer storms and replaced it with this bit of cheer....
 And I've been thoroughly enjoying this bit of joy in the dining room:
Perhaps I'll make a point in the day planner to do a little sprucing....you think?

Anybody with me on this one? Anyone else get to the point in the year where you know you need to do something but you're not sure what it is?

2 comments:

SkyePuppy said...

Yes, I'm with you. I'm somewhere between the doldrums and some kind of Restless Leg Syndrome, and it's still to be determined which one will win.

Bekah said...

LOL!!! Not laughing at you but love your description!!!!