Tubby Tummy to 10K update!!
* I have started the "official" printed-from-the-web training program. The one that says I can't slack off just because I ate too much dinner. Works well for me to have a schedule.
* Want to know what DOES NOT work well? Running past the distance from here to the refrigerator.
* Last Sunday, the official training schedule said I needed to go three miles. No biggie. I do that all the time. UNTIL...my running partner said, "I want you to try to go all three miles without stopping to walk."
* Why? Why would anyone do that???
* But much like an overgrown toddler, I thrive on those sorts of dares...so I put my mind to it and y'all....
* I RAN THREE MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!!!!
* Now, granted, it wasn't Olympic material, but I DID run three miles without stopping. That is two miles more than I've ever run in one stretch. And cause for celebration!!!!!!
* Don't I look happy? (In a "Please call 911" sort of way?)
* That was taken right after the third mile. I was in survival mode, big time.* But SO happy to see my time...
* I didn't have any expectations about a time. My expectations were more like: survive the thing!!!
* And since I did...I got a new treat! New (non-Goodwill) workout clothes!!!
* Next up: 2 1/2 miles. I'll probably have to do that without stopping too. :)

4 comments:
Great Job!! The best thing about running is stopping!
and by that, i'm sure you meant collapsing in the grass at the end of the trail and pouring water on your face...right?
LOL!! Absolutely and laying there until hear someone coming and you jump up and do jumping jacks!
Or you could pull out the iphone and place a pizza delivery order. "Where did you say you wanted that pizza delivered" "End of the running trail" "oh OK Give us 20 min want a 2 liter with that?" "make it two"
Way to go! I have just over a month until my 5K and I am not even close to ready.
Post a Comment