Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some Thoughts on Courage

I'm learning so many lessons this week...I'm wearing my own self out!!

I do not think of myself as a courageous person. In fact, I've been known to describe myself as, and I quote...a big fat chicken.

Apparently God sees in me the potential to be more than I am in big-fat-chicken-land. Because it seems lately He's been stirring my heart to find courage deep within myself...and use it.

Gulp.

My job has been the starting point of this new project. I walked in with not a single ounce of experience and found that the best way to learn - was to jump in cannonball style. Yesterday I ran the phones during Mid-Morning, which meant I couldn't engineer. (I'm not talented enough to be in two rooms at one time. Yet.) So I sat by the phone and watched Jim fill in for my job in the next room. It took me back to a year ago when that was still brand new for me. When I sat nervously in the chair, shoes off beside me, shaking and carefully following the scripted notes provided to teach me how to do the job.

That took courage.

But the bottom line was, thousands of listeners were tuning in to hear a show and if I didn't muster up some courage, they weren't going to hear it.

Courage is a necessity. To enjoy something beautiful, you have to be brave.

And now He's calling me to show even more bravery. (Including but certainly not limited to singing on camera for work. That pushed my courage more than even I could handle!)

This is short (for me) but I want to leave you with this link...the post I would have written on the subject if I'd thought of it. Check this out.

And then risk being brave.

3 comments:

Mark Allman said...

I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. Nelson Medela

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. -- Mark Twain


I am proud that you are moving ahead against your fears. Awesome.

Mark Allman said...

You most post a video of your singing

Bekah said...

The video I think will be up at work later in the year. It's pretty funny but my parts were pretty bad!!!