Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snow Day

On days like this, I sorely regret my decision to NOT become a teacher.

We were promised 6-12 inches of snow, combined with lots of wind, creating blizzard-like conditions, drifting, and the hope of an official snow emergency. It takes an official snow emergency to close our school.

I regret to inform...well, mostly me...that as of right now, the sidewalk is covered with about a quarter inch of snow. Earlier today we got a great start with about four inches, and I shoveled that off to gain a head start on the rest of it. I've not bothered to contend with the quarter inch.

We have some serious snowing and blowing to do in the next few hours to achieve snow emergency status.

I'm losing hope.

4 comments:

Malott said...

On the brighter side... I, who work in a hospital (that never ever closes) had an easy 3:30AM drive to work on mostly dry highway... And, at 7:00, people showed up for work so I don't have to work alone!

Still, I'm sorry your snow emergency pooped out. It would be a swell day to stay in.

Maybe if the wind picks up they'll send you home early.

Bekah said...

This is bitter, party of one, checking in. I will try not to say much, as I value your friendship and don't want my sadness and general disdain over NOT being at home to ruin said friendship.

Having said all this, I am glad to hear you made it in safely. I was worried. For real

Julie said...

Doesn't it just make you annoyed at all the teachers who, instead of enjoying their day off, are complaining about how many days of summer vacation they are losing? Just saying . . . be grateful for a day off AND a summer vacation, right?!?

Bekah said...

EXACTLY.