Saturday, February 27, 2010

Praying on the Run - Card 7

I just finished my workout for today (didn't get to run...the gym is closed) so I thought it was about time I caught up with another card.

This quote came from Tiet Parsons, who said, "I couldn't honestly say that my husband's heart was safe with me. How many times must he have wondered what he would face in the lioness's den when he got home from work?"

Prayer: Ability to create a safety net for his heart.

Until I went to college, I'd always had my own living space. My sisters were grown and out of the house by the time I have memories of living at home, and no one ever stayed at our house long term, so I was used to my own room...my own stuff...getting ready in the bathroom whenever I wanted.

And then there were roommates.

I enjoyed having roommates, because for the first time, I had someone to talk to - on a peer level. I loved the fun times. But oh my word, the drama. I had no idea girls could be that dramatic! I had several roommates throughout college, and I remember sometimes dreading what I might find when I walked in the door. And I don't like to say so out loud, but I'm sure the same thoughts came right back at me from some of them.

That's something I've been working on in these last few years. I've been growing up (can I get a finally!!!??) and praying so hard that whenever that day comes, he won't have to spend his whole ride home from work praying "Please dear God don't let her throw things at me when I walk in."

I consider it a high compliment when I hear husbands say their wives make such a warm and safe home that they can't wait to show up after work. I wonder sometimes if those wives realize what a high honor that is.

No comments: