Friday, February 26, 2010

Ding-a-Ling

Today is collections day at Kelly's Korner. I wish I had mine out so I could post a picture...but right now it's packed away.

HOWEVER.

I have a story! :) After all, one of the best parts of a collection is the story of how it started, right?

If you're new here, you might not know this about me...I was a late in life surprise/blessing/accident/cancer (depending on who tells the story) for my parents. The whole cancer part is another story for another post.

The day Mom found out she was pregnant, my oldest sister was on her senior trip to Washington D.C. Dad was on the trip with her, and they had no idea the news that awaited them when they arrived home! The story goes (as I'm told...I hadn't so much developed ears to hear it myself) that when Lori heard I was on the way, she ran around the house yelling and ringing the souvenir bell she'd gotten on the trip.

And thus my bell collection began.

Throughout my childhood, I collected bells from everywhere. People brought me bells from their vacations...I received them for gifts at Christmas and my birthday...all kinds of bells!

When I moved out of Mom and Dad's house, I didn't have a way to display the collection, so they've been packed away in the attic for the last ten or so years. But one of these days...I'll bring them back out and maybe even add to the collection!

No comments: