We went to a wedding this weekend! The bride and groom are part of our small group, and they kindly invited us to witness their wedding ceremony, which was an honor for us.
It was our first time ever to go to a morning wedding. Have you been to one before? I have to say, I kinda liked it! I'm not sure how early the bridal party had to get up to pull off looking amazing by 11:30, but everyone looked completely put together, so it worked!
We even tried to look put together!
Doesn't Ryan look so handsome???
I had a great aisle seat where I could see everything, and not until partway through the bridal party's entrance did I realize I was also in "that" seat that probably shows up in every one of the photographer's shots. Whoopsie!
Yes. I took a picture during prayer. But I wanted to capture that gorgeous veil!!!
I realized the other two photos are semi-terrible because my PHONE is semi-terrible and because I didn't capture smiling moments. But I've read all the articles about people taking pictures during weddings and annoying the photographer, so I tried to capture when he was clearly busy elsewhere.
But it was just such a beautiful, Christ-centered ceremony! I have a huge soft spot for weddings. I love to celebrate the couple while remembering our own wedding day!
Because it was a morning wedding, the reception was a brunch! They had fruit and biscuits with apple butter waiting on the tables for people to eat while they waited for photos to wrap up, and then they had bacon/scrambled eggs/hash browns/baked oatmeal. It was delicious! And the best part of all? The cake was really individual homemade cinnamon rolls. So so good!
They had decorated the whole place so beautifully and even had homemade jams and jellies for people to take home as favors!
Beautiful wedding and a beautiful couple! We were thankful to be part of the day!
4 hours ago
5 comments:
Weddings are so fun!
Love her veil and you two looked amazing too!
Beautiful wedding. While I see the upside to a morning wedding. I would be a disaster. #notamorningperson
Odie
My daughter (and her fiancé, lol) are planning a morning wedding for next summer. I have never been to a morning wedding, so I don't really know what to expect. She's planning on 10 am (wow!). I asked if the mother of the bride wears pajamas to a wedding that early. =) I am curious about the reception for the one you just attended, did they do a 'first dance (bride/groom)', 'father/bride' and 'mother/groom' dance? (Maybe those things aren't popular in your area?) Because the reception will be early, my daughter doesn't plan on having a dance but is wondering if she will feel like they missed out if they don't get to do those things. I think we can work them into the reception if she really wants, but was just curious since it looks like the bride & groom are dancing in one of the photos you posted...
Rachel
Tamar - It was so pretty! And thank you!
Odie - LOL!!!!!! So funny! I fear I would have been the same. Pretty sure I was still in the hair chair at that hour on my wedding day.
Rachel - LOL!! Pajamas! I love it! I think you should be entitled, for sure. Sure, let me tell you about the reception! So this bride and groom chose not to see each other before she walked down the aisle, so they did have all the pictures and such after the ceremony. That's when we were eating fruit cups and biscuits! Then they did the official entry of the bridal party/bride and groom, and everyone went through the buffet line for food. While we were finishing up our food, they did a bride and groom dance and a mother/son dance. I noticed there was no father/daughter dance, but perhaps the dad doesn't dance! After that, they did a couple's dance for all married couples. They had couples sit down according to how long they'd been married, and the last couple standing got the "throw bouquet." It was sweet! Then they cut the cake and had toasts and ended with a bubble sendoff. I would say it all got done about 2 pm? And it started at 11:30. So they did everything, it all just happened early! Hope that helps you! :)
Rachael, a friend of mine had a private morning wedding. I think her venue price was based on number of attendees. Then a public evening reception.
Odie
Post a Comment