Sunday, October 01, 2017

The Shafferland Shuffle

Happy Sunday!!! Happy October! Happy getting closer to the end of DST! Lots of happies today. :)

* Last Sunday, I was still mostly miserable from my huge apple dumpling splurge the night before, so I barely ate anything all day. A little yogurt, granola, and strawberries might have been the biggest meal! I took a lonnnnnnnnnnng nap in the afternoon while Ryan watched the Colts game, but he was kind enough to document the nap. HA! And that night, we went for a lovely walk, and we saw some of the first harvesting in our area underway. Let the dust and good Midwest aromas commence!
* Still feeling fluffy on Monday, I was ready to get back to working out, but I was not ready for the alarm to sound as early as it did! WHEW! I was grateful later that day when I discovered Katie Farrell (from Dashing Dish) is publishing her meal plans now, so I worked to make our menu plan for this week, using hers as an inspiration. And in happy mail...we got our latest scrapbook! I love scrapbook delivery days!
 * I was so excited when I got the paper on Tuesday and found the article with Ryan's picture featured! (It's the same one I shared in the Six yesterday. YAY!!! I made some pumpkin muffins for us while I worked to get the house ready for our small group, and I finally got out all the fall decorations and put them up. They need to be spruced up a bit, but they're out!
* Wednesday I was stuck in a room with a person who had never heard of an inside voice. Enjoy the photo I sent Ryan to describe my thoughts. LOL!! It was a really nice night, so we both worked outside. I lost a couple hours of my life that I'll never get back to deadheading our size-of-Earth mums. LOL! And then Ryan shampooed our carpets. Immediately after he did this, Braeya threw up and he spilled his coffee. So our floor luck continues. HA!
* Thursday I got the sweetest little encouragement gift while volunteering at the school. A church ministry has sort of adopted the staff and dropped off cookies in these cute boxes. Loved it! Thursday was also hair overhaul day for this girl! Goodbye, split ends and white roots! I feel like a new woman.
* Friday was super special for two reasons. One, Ryan had a vacation day, so we got to spend the entire day together!! Secondly, it was National Coffee Day! I mean, how great is it to get to spend a holiday of that magnitude with your favorite coffee drinker??? We actually went to a corn maze/orchard/pumpkin patch and had a blast...and then we drank the coffee. More on these adventures to come next week!
* And then yesterday. OHHHHHHHHHHH yesterday. It was some sort of special day, so the state parks had free admission. We had been wanting (for several years, actually) to hike at the Indiana Dunes, so this seemed like the day to do it! So many stores on this to come later, but let's just say we conquered the 3 dune challenge AND hiked two more dunes just for funsies. It was THE most perfect day for it. Perfect temps, sunny, lovely.

 




2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I couldn't have any coffee Friday as I prepared to fast yesterday - making up for it today!!

Heather Hoffeditz said...

Glad you got a couple days of Ryan all to yourself! And beautiful weather for it as well!