* Remember last Sunday when we were on vacation? I haven't even gotten to the fun of this day in my posts, but last Sunday morning, we walked the shores of Lake Michigan, saw a lighthouse, and had the most leisurely morning ever! We spent the day seeing Porter County, including Valparaiso University's campus. So many stories for you!
* Monday was our last day of vacation, and it was also our 58th monthiversary. How great is that!?!? We packed up to come home, seeing one last coffee shop on our way. When we got home, we launched right back into real life: grocery shopping, washing the car, unpacking, podcasting - VACATION OVER! :(
* Tuesday was so busy, I could barely breathe by the end of the day! I started a new cooking experiment (more on this later) so I spent a TON of time in the kitchen, cranking out recipes. The kitchen was a full disaster most of the day. One fun thing, though? Free cake pops! The kiddos I take to school surprised us with a couple of cake pops! YAY!!!
* As you already saw, Wednesday marked FIVE YEARS since Ryan proposed to me, and we celebrated in style with a fun, fun, fun trip to Indianapolis for dinner at the Eagle's Nest. (This also doubled as our "R" date.) I am so grateful for these past five years with Ryan, and I'm also so glad to just enjoy my October and November...no wedding planning this year! :)
* Thursday evening, I spoke at a banquet, and I have lots of stories for you about that, too! The ladies were so very kind, and we appreciated their hospitality and kind words. I actually hadn't felt well most of the day and was nervous I would feel sick while I spoke, but people prayed me through, and I was thankful I felt great!
* I had the whole day off Friday (no carpool, even!) so I spent most of the day scrapbooking. Obviously I have many things to catch up on. Braeya apparently had to catch up on sleep. (Because, you know, her life is so busy! One of Ryan's co-workers gave him some homemade spring rolls and she let him borrower her fryer for them. We've never been quite that fancy! I stayed far away. Seemed safer. :)
* Poor Ryan had a lonnnnnnnng day yesterday. He worked and then last night, we helped out at a fundraiser for a family friend who is battling cancer. I spent the day working at home and baking, baking, baking for the fundraiser. My parents stopped by to drop off some things, including this absolute treasure. My dad's old (old, old, old) typewriter. HOW COOL IS THAT!???!!? A vintage piece for my office!
4 hours ago







2 comments:
What a busy week!!!
Busy, busy, busy!
Hope you and Ryan (and Braeya, of course) have a great and calmer week!
:)
Post a Comment