Fall break is over...sigh. Back to regularly schedule programming tomorrow! (Well. Mostly. Is there such a thing as regular around here?)
* After church last Sunday, we had to stop by Sam's club real fast for some yogurt (canNOT run out of that!) and they were giving away samples. Not of yogurt. But of soup and other treats. So that's how we stayed pleasant between church and lunch. (HA!) It was a lovely day of scrapbooking, football, and naps that led to rather ridiculous hair. Obviously that last part was just for me.
* This was the week of WHAT IN THE WORLD moments, beginning on Monday, when I took our little grill out to the porch to make chicken, and when I went BACK out, five minutes after plugging it in, I discovered a dead mouse right next to it. So clearly I texted Ryan immediately and told him we would need to put the house up for sale (also immediately). I also did not use the grill (obviously) and just cooked the chicken o the stove. I spent the ENTIRE DAY editing podcasts. Whew! And that night, Ryan spent some time in prayer...just kidding. That's a nap he's taking there. But it looks pretty prayerful, doesn't it?
* Tuesday was the start of my personal planning retreat, and Ryan (bless him) got up super early, drove to Starbucks to get my favorite latte, and even picked up a donut for me on the way home. Wasn't that so nice? I spent the entire day planning, praying, and dreaming. It was one of my favorite days. We had our small group meeting that night, too. We love hearing all their thoughts and discussion: challenging and convicting!
* Wednesday was retreat day #2, and Braeya decided to help by sitting on my hands while I attempted to write. Of course. I worked on next year's planner (swoon) and really finished the retreat well! Meanwhile, big party at Ryan's work! Look at that CAKE! (Also swoon-worthy.)
* Thursday I had a cooking first. Fresh mozzarella! I've never cooked with it before! Caprese chicken recipe called for fresh mozzarella and fresh garden tomatoes. Delish! (We're still cooking Dashing Dish recipes.) That night was picture night for us, and it was even iron-worthy. WHOA! We got all dressed up and had a great time with our photo shoot. Can't wait to show you those pictures! (Also, we stopped at Aldi's on the way home and were THE most overdressed people there.)
* Friday: this is Braeya's face when I have a glass of milk and she wants it. I won, by the way. After work, we drove to Muncie to have dinner with some friends of ours who live over there. (They have five kids, so we were very entertained the whole evening!) Obviously we needed coffee for the way home, so we Googled the closest Starbucks, made sure they were open, and drove there. All the lights were off. Not cool! Just as we were pulled over to look up the next closest location, we saw a car pull in and the driver went inside. So we went in too - and it turns out all their outside lights are just broken. What in the world!!!?? We were glad the guy showed up when he did, so we didn't have to chase down a new store!
* Yesterday concluded our what in the world week: I was driving behind a truck with a precariously perched hay load, so I was keeping my distance. Then the aforementioned hay CAUGHT ON FIRE! ON HIS TRUCK! I detoured. I went to a fun little vendor market with my friend Amber, and then last night, Ryan and I had a date night...dinner, shopping, coffee, the whole nine yards! And yes, those are giant tiles Ryan's lugging through Lowe's. We got some fun looks!
4 hours ago







3 comments:
For fall break you sure had a busy week!!
I love Sam’s!! Their brisket is sooo good.
The mouse story cracked me up.
Glad you had a great photo shoot and retreat.
I certainly hope you weren't cooking your chicken caprese with the iron (due to the fore mentioned mouse)!! Seriously, I'm so glad you discovered fresh mozzarella cheese--it's a delight for the food soul. Lois
Post a Comment