4 hours ago
Monday, October 23, 2017
Fall Funday Monday.
I found this list over on Sarah's blog a few weeks ago and thought it might be fun to do once I was done recapping all the busyness that has been our October! :) So here I am! A Monday funday list to start your week!
1. Favorite Fall Sweet Treat? I do love a good pumpkin flavored anything (except PSL, which apparently I stand alone in not liking) but I also eat a LOT of pumpkin stuff, so it kind of doesn't feel like a true treat anymore. For that reason, I'm going with an apple dumpling from Cracker Barrel. The kind that so fills me up, I'm absolutely miserable. That is a good dumpling.
2. Red, Yellow or Green Apples? It's a mental thing for me. Apples have to be red. I do like the flavor of some green apples (like a Granny Smith) in cooking, but to just straight up eat an apple, it has to be red and crispy or I just can't do it.
3. Favorite Fall Sport to Play? Scrapbooking of course. Wait. What? That's not a sport? But I do it during football games! Of course it's a sport!
4. Best Drink for Fall? My true favorite is the Apple Pie Chai from McConn at IWU. (This I learned on our vacation. Not all apple pie chais are equal.) But I also dearly love the salted caramel mocha from Starbucks. Mmmmmmmmm.
5. Favorite Fall Activity? Gathering around a fire pit for s'mores and coffee.
6. Must Have Fall Purchase? Mums. Ours this year are HUGE!
7. Pumpkins: Pick Your Own or Store Bought? I have picked my own before and really loved it. Sadly it seems that around here, they're more expensive at u-pick patches, so I usually buy mine at the store. Also sadly, this year we never got any. This may be a first!
8. Real or Fake Pumpkin? I would say real, though we do have some fake ones inside, and I love those, too.
9. Favorite Halloween Costume? For me, (and I think I've talked about this on here before) it was my 6th grade year when I had broken my leg and was in a cast and on crutches. Mom was in a real pickle about what to do with me. So we bandaged my head, ripped up a shirt, put some lipstick blood on, and I wore a sign that says, "You should see the other guy." For Ryan, it was two years ago when we dressed him up as Mr. Clean. He rocked it.
10. College Football or NFL? Scrapbooking.
11. Fall or Halloween Decor? Fall. We actually don't really "do" Halloween. I like to dress Ryan up for work to cheer the patients, and I usually make some cookies. But I don't get into Halloween and certainly not into the dark side of it. So just fall.
12. Raking Leaves or No Leaves to Rake? After spending 15 years in a house with the biggest mature tree in the world in the backyard, I am loving our new home with just one tree that doesn't drop its leaves in the fall. Woot woot! I hate raking!
13. Favorite soup? White chicken chili. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
14. Favorite fall candle scent? Anything with a spice smell to it.
15. Love or Hate Pumpkin Spice? The drink? Hate. The actual spice in cookies or muffins? Love.
16. Short Booties or Tall Boots? Tall. All the way.
17. Favorite Halloween Candy? Candy corn and peanuts. That's really more of a fall candy, but I'm sticking with it.
18. Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) Yes or No? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
19. Hayride or Corn Maze? How bout a hayride TO the corn maze? I love both!
20. Favorite Fall TV Show? I don't think I have one. Womp, Womp.OH! Wait. Ryan reminded me that I love Life in Pieces. That's true. I do love that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you tried the new Maple Pecan Latte? I hear it's better than PSL!
In college the dining hall only had green apples. So 4 years of them ... yeah never again ha!
Tamar - I have tried it! I did like it better than PSL, but it was still not as sweet as I like a latte to be. Why in the world would they only have green apples? I shiver for you!!!!
Post a Comment