One.
Well this was just a treat! I've been enjoying Irene Hannon's books for a few years now - both her romance and her suspense. Never dreamed I'd have the chance to just sit down and talk with her, but I sure did! She's as compelling in conversation as she is on paper. Loved hearing about her writing life, her dreams, and even about her date nights with her husband! (YAY!) Hope you can listen in, and then for goodness' sake, go get all her books and read them. There are over fifty. Winter's coming. You have time. :)
Two.
This is kind of a comment and a question all in one! This week, I happened upon the Roadtrippers website. Have any of you used this - or the companion app? Have I been living under a major rock? If you have used it and have reviews for me on it, I'd love to hear! If you haven't used it, check it out! I (clearly) am not well-versed in it, but it looks like an interesting way to find fun stops on trips!
Three.
You know I'm a big Little House on the Prairie junkie, and I had fun reading these bits of trivia about Michael Landon and his work in developing the books into a television series!
Four.
Beautiful article from Dayspring about staying filled with the Spirit during the busyness of the holidays. You may not be ready to think about the holidays yet, but this is an area where preparation could really make all the difference!
Five.
Have some time this weekend? The Christian Fiction Scavenger hunt is underway! These are always so much fun, and there's a chance to win prizes, so three cheers for that! Here's the starting link!
Six.
Well, I have been looking forward to telling you about this book for a few weeks now, but I had to do that whole exercise patience thing while it, you know, released. :) Actually, I read on the author's Facebook page this week that the official release date is November 9th, but she has some copies she's already sending out, and I'm too excited to wait any longer, so I'm introducing you to this book today!
I met LuAnn Gerig Fulton back when I worked at WBCL. Actually we met over email! :) She ended up connecting me with her daughter, who has become a dear friend to me, and LuAnn and I have stayed in contact too, even after I left the station. A few years ago, LuAnn wrote a book called Image Seeker, which Ryan and I read together in our devotions a few months ago, and we really enjoyed it.
So when LuAnn told me she was writing a second devotional and gave me the chance to read it early, of course I said yes! Ask Me About My Jesus is her new 90 day devotional, and I want to tell you why I love this boook.
One of the key themes in our household this year, spearheaded by Ryan, who has been very convicted about this in his own walk with the Lord, is to be bold in our faith. God has been bringing this subject up to us repeatedly, reminding us of the importance of telling others about Jesus and why we choose to serve and love Him. Not beating them down with preachy talk, but just genuinely sharing our faith in natural conversation.
And this is what LuAnn writes about in her book. First, she explains the importance of understanding why your relationship with God must be your own. You can't ride along on your parents' faith or anyone else's for that matter. This is your own faith to establish and mature. Once you have done that, you need to be aware of those around you who may not know Him yet and be eager to introduce them to Him!
It's no secret that I love story. I feel like it is the best way to make a connection with other people. You can lose people when you start wading in theological, academic Christianese. Some people feel threatened by that. But when you can just share your story and enthusiastically relate in a personal experience way, you have the opportunity to share your passion without preaching.
That's what LuAnn does in this book. Each daily reading is part of her story. You get to know her heart and her journey, day by day. You relate with her experiences and begin to understand why Jesus means so much to her! She concludes each day with a prayer that challenges you to move forward in sharing your faith!
While this is certainly a great read for any believer, I especially love this for new Christians or those who feel a bit insecure in their understanding of the faith. LuAnn's tender story-based teaching is a great encouragement for growth!
Christmas is coming...this would be a great gift idea! Devos for the new year!
** LuAnn provided a copy of the book to me, but all opinions are my own! **
4 hours ago







2 comments:
Thanks so much Bekah for highlighting my book! As you know, my prayer is that it will have an impact on eternity. If any of your readers would like an autographed copy of my book, I'm currently running a sale until 10/31! They can contact me by email at luannfulton@gmail.com. Books are 10% off + free shipping and I will autograph to specific people if they want me to. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts!
Thank you for this, LuAnn! :) I appreciate it!
Post a Comment