Ryan and I make an effort to go on a date of some sort every single week. They're not always on the same day. Sometimes they're out of town...sometimes they're in town...sometimes they're at home. But we are adamant about carving time out of every week to step away from responsibility and enjoy time together.
So if you think date nights are just for those who have a lot of money...check out our fun from this past weekend.
After work on Friday night, we hopped in the car and headed to one of Ryan's favorite places on earth:
Actually, on the way there, we made a quick stop to rent a movie, because we got a freebie coupon in the mail.
THEN onto B-Dubs.
We sorta forgot it was a game night, so it was rather packed in there - with enthusiastic sports fans, but we didn't care, because...we were hungry!!
I had my first REAL hamburger since surgery. Oh my word. It's all I needed.
And Ryan?? Well he loves wings.
We had a great dinner, even if we had to speak rather loudly to one another over all the enthusiastic sports fans. And best of all? Gift cards = free dinner, baby!!
After that....it was time to do some window shopping! First stop? My happy place:
Hobby Lobby, baby!!!
I actually did use up a gift card getting myself the cutest little garden flag. It's for Easter. It's stinkin' cute.
And after that - it was just dreaming and goofing off:
{Penelope impersonation}
After that - we ventured forth to a couple other stores looking for an Easter dress for me. {If you've been reading here a while, you know Easter dresses are my one IMPOSSIBLE task each year. I have to start early. Amazingly enough? Found it!!}
And I waited while Ryan tried on clothes. Some, in the dressing room. Some...in middle of the store. Girls can't get away with that.
By the time we were done with all that, it was time to do the grocery shopping, but we couldn't do that without some fuel:
After that...we could handle grocery shopping. Which some in our company confuse with karaoke:
5 comments:
You guys are awesome!!
I am most shocked that there is still a video store!
Yay! We love simple date nights too! Next week; we are having an overnight date for Matt's birthday. Pretty pumped about that!!!
And as per your comment, spring please hurry!!!
What a fun night! :) Love it!!
Tamar - I thought of that after I posted it! I wondered if we're the only part of the country that still has video stores! Family Video is all that's survived out here. We don't go there often - usually go to Redbox. Are they all extinct where you live?
Leslie - HOW FUN!!!!! I can't wait to see/hear about that!
Elisa - It was fun! How could a night with Starbucks included NOT be, right? :)
I can't wait to see your Easter Dress and I am sad that I didn't get to a Hobby Lobby on our Southern Road Trip. Next time...
And yay for consistent date nights! We trade childcare with friends of ours once a month so we get at least one (free) date night a month. And, since January, Dave's parents have been taking the kids one Saturday a month and we really appreciate that as well.
Post a Comment