Okay, so that's not really true.
I mean, there are bills and alarm clocks and taxes and all that stuff. That's not so great.
But let me tell you the GREAT part about adulthood.
It's called ice cream for dinner.
It happened yesterday. Ryan and I had stinky days. Nothing major happened. Life didn't fall apart on us. But in all the history of days we've ever lived, yesterday wasn't our favorite.
We came home and even before we put our jackets on the hangers...we collapsed on Mo looking a little bit like this:
I told Ryan I could think of only one thing that would fix a day like that: ice cream.
His answer was every wife's dream: Let's go. I'll see if we have coupons.
In no time at all, we were in the car, coupons in hand, headed here:
Ryan was so excited, he started to pull into Burger King.
We got back on the right track and then he got so excited, he pulled into the car rental company. Whoopsie!
At last, we managed to find the right parking lot, and walked inside, trusty ice cream coupon in hand. We'd decided to have ice cream before dinner, because we were adults, and adults could decide to do things like that.
But as soon as we walked in and smelled the burgers we had a change of heart. Dinner first:
THEN it was time for ice cream.
While we waited, the guy at the next table left his food unattended while he went for a drink refill. I'd be lying if we said we didn't consider seconds:
But we remembered that adults are also RESPONSIBLE. :)
And at the end of the meal? The reward we'd waited to enjoy:
And no, he didn't eat them both. :)
Does it count that I got peanuts in mine for protein? Was that a good adult decision?
It made our hard day better - for sure.
Anyone else eat dessert for dinner on the icky days?
7 hours ago
6 comments:
No, we haven't.....but now you have me thinking!! :)
OK....now my mouth is watering for Culver's!! Thanks!?? :o)
Ummm, is it terrible that there have been one or two times that we even did that with the kids? Because somedays you just need dessert. Nothing else will fix the day.
I LOVE Culver's!!! I was out at the neighborhood yesterday and since I have to drive by Culver's to get there decide a pit stop was a must ;) Hadn't been there since the fall I don't think. Yum!
i love everything about this post. and i when i heard about the almost fry snagging from the crazy man who left them unattended on BLT, I had to read about it!
you are are the cutest. and i want ice cream NOW.
XOXO
Except you had the hamburgers first :) The one time I had only ice cream for dinner, I felt sick for the rest of the night. But now I want ice cream...
Post a Comment