Last year, right at the start of the year, we had Snowmageddon, and Ryan and I had two glorious days at home, snowed in. It started on a Sunday and ran into Monday...and we were home both days having all kinds of fun. {If you've forgotten, you can read about it here.} We made snow ice cream and a snowman and snow angels...and we had a grand time.
When I heard that we were supposed to get snow Saturday night into Sunday...to be honest, I sort of ignored it. They've missed just about every storm we've had this winter, and it was going to be the first day of March, for goodness' sake! That's practically spring! But when we finally responded to the alarm 45 minutes after it went off Sunday morning, we determined that they'd missed it again...in the other direction. Our 4-6 inches of snow was already at 8 and still falling.
I felt a bit on the miserable side. I caught Ryan's cold this past week, and my head was all full and foggy. We decided to call it a Shafferland snow day, minus the chance to go out and play and have fun.
We curled up on the couch and dove into the Rise n Roll donut holes my co-workers brought us on Saturday...which was pretty much the perfect breakfast for a snowy Sunday morning.
We watched part of a church service on TV and commenced with the naps...which took up the majority of the day. And while we slept...the snow continued to fall.
Neither one of us did our hair or got out of our jammies...which is the mark of the perfect snow day.
Again, our apologies to Mo. We haven't left him in a week now {with the exception of one night, when we DID sleep in our bed}. He has to feel completely smothered. As you can see most of our bedding itself has made it to Mo. I guess that means we're not leaving!!
We ate some yummy lunch that Ryan fixed in the crock pot...and took some more naps. {And I did a little scrapbooking.} After that, Ryan ventured forth to shovel. I would guess we had close to ten inches by this time.
I am so thankful for Ryan! I am perfectly capable of shoveling {under normal circumstances}, but if I would have been on my own when this surgery rolled around, I'd just be stuck on a day like today. Thankful for his hard work and initiative to take care of us!
So that's how we spent our snow day THIS year. Not quite as much fun as last year as far as activities go, but it was a blessing to have it roll through on a Sunday when we were free to stay home, rest, and be safe.
And before I let you go...just a quick update on the Great Gallbladder Eviction of 2015. :) I am now one week out from surgery, and I'm thankful it's THIS week and not LAST week. I am feeling SO much better even than I was on Friday. I'm moving better, the discomfort has diminished significantly, and I'm feeling stronger. I'm still more bloated than I hoped to be, and the tenderness is still great enough that I can't wear real clothes. Still running around in my workout clothes and big t shirts. And the fatigue is still no joke. I thought the doctor was kidding when she said I would be fighting that, but she apparently was not.
So my goal for this week is to try to get back on a regular schedule, try to get stronger, try to get back in normal clothes. I have one more week off work, and while I may try to do some part time work toward the end of the week, I do want to make sure I take advantage of getting as strong as I can while I have the time to do it. And hopefully the snow has blown through for a while and I can enjoy a pretty week!!
7 hours ago
6 comments:
Glad you were cozy inside!
Take it easy this week!!
Enjoying r&r all you can. At least you don't have to drive in the snow.
Please don't push yourself too much with abdominal surgery. There is internal healing that needs to take place. I realize that each surgery is different. Will mention that it is possible to "pop" internal stitches. Been there, done that. Take it easy and be mindful to support your core when you move. ((hugs)) and prayers
I like how you said neither of us did our hair . . . :) :) :)
Tamar - I plan to be cozy inside most of the week!! :)
Odie - EXACTLY! I don't miss driving for the short term!
Teresa - I promise I'm resting! One of Ryan's patients said she has to have hernia surgery because of post-op strain, so I promise I'm taking it easy!
Elisa - HA HA!!! Thanks for catching that! :)
Snow days are perfectly lovely when you can spend them inside and someone else shovels!
And I wonder what it is about gallbladder surgery that brings on so much fatigue...? Weird.
Post a Comment