Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Shafferland Shuffle

* We won't even talk about how I felt about the return to DST last Sunday. But let's just say that DST plus a late night out the night before plus being greeters at church was an interesting combo! We were ready to crash on Mo come lunch time! And we pretty much stayed there the rest of the day, dreaming and talking and watching TV and napping. And then we rallied in the evening to have a Dashing Dish cooking palooza to get ahead for the week. Texas sheet cake, raspberry chocolate chip muffins, and pepperoni pizza puffs. Ryan made all the oat and almond flour for me; good husband award!
* Monday was re-entry to the work world. I was well-showered with love and even accomplished quite a bit with decent energy! That night, we finally got around to changing our clocks at home. {I'm not kidding about rebelling the DST thing.} AND - exciting news - we went back to the gym for the first time since the entire gallbladder mess began. I only felt safe walking, but I was desperate to do SOMETHING! I did 2 miles on the track and felt really good about that. And then we got to have a delicious dinner delivered to our door by the lovely Lisa of our Sunday School class! YAY!
* Tuesday, I got a fun delivery at work: a big box from Jelly Belly! I interviewed them this week and they sent treats! Do you know how popular you become at work when you have a massive box of treats on your desk? {Hint: very.} I sorted books for our big book giveaway coming up and wrote interview questions, which in my mind, is a fun day. Did 2 more miles on the track that night, and shaved a minute and a half off my time, which was exciting. And then I hunkered down for online work at home - with my number one assistant fast asleep on my feet. HA!!
* Wednesday morning, we had some CRAZY heavy fog, but I made it safely to work! I wore a very cheery {read: WAY BRIGHT} shirt to try to counteract the weather. It must have worked, because by the end of the day, it was sunny and sunglasses weather! I was so happy to drive in that! Ryan and I took the night to stay at home and do tons of chores. Even though we weren't all hunkered down watching TV, I really enjoyed being home together just living life.
Thursday morning was SO SPRINGY, so it was extra funny to open the blinds at work and stare at the Santa on the house next door. He stays up a long time!! I guess it's really true that he sees you all the time. Lynne and I hosted BLT together, and she sprung a quiz on me. A vocab quiz. I failed miserably. That night, I walked 2 1/2 miles outside - and I got to pass my beloved prayer chapel! It was really a lovely day.
* Ryan and I had such a long week that we were desperate for Friday and date night. We stayed in town and had fun - including dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings {yay, gift cards!!!}, some shopping, and of course...Starbucks! I didn't care for one minute what we did as long as we got to be together. It had just been a long week for both of us. And best of all? We had a slumber party on Mo!
 * Yesterday we shared a GLORIOUS day at home together. We slept in and had a fun breakfast and spent the whole day cleaning up the house. It had sort of gotten out of hand while I was down for the count. We both love to organize, so it was a good day! We also went on our first for-fun walk of the year. It was so pretty out!!! Let's bring on spring!

2 comments:

Tamar SB said...

So glad it was a good re-entry week!! I should vacuum my couch....

Natasha said...

This looks like a good week of just living life. I am looking forward to some good time at home this weekend! Saturday chores are such a good thing :)