Tuesday, March 31, 2015

He Knows

One of the greatest joys of life with Ryan is the way we pray together. It's absolutely unlike anything I've ever experienced in any relationship I had before him, and it's a true joy.

We've had a lot weighing on our hearts lately. Not really a revolving door of things, but the same few things that continue to press in. We've been seeking direction and trying to wait well, patient before the Lord while we wait for answers.

Last night, we prayed together - literally on our knees, heads pressed together and hands squeezing. And even while words tumbled out of my mouth, I realized what a treasure it is that I have a husband who listens to my prayers and adds his agreement to my words as I pray. And when he led the prayer time, I was so grateful that his requests and his offerings to the Lord were of such a pure heart that I didn't have to hesitate in agreeing with him.

I know some couples struggle to pray together...whether they're embarrassed to pray out loud in front of each other or they can't find a way to agree in prayer...and it was a reminder to me to not take for granted what we have.

Our prayers are laced with requests for our friends, many of whom are wading through deep waters right now: health problems, direction for their future, heart crises that seem to weigh them down. It's a privilege to pray for them, but my goodness, it's hard to carry even a corner of the burden, and we know each of them bear the full weight of it. We hurt for them.

And we're praying over our own future, as we seek God's continued direction in everything we do. Right now we are in a period of waiting, which is one of our favorites...and we want to make sure we don't miss any direction in the waiting!

This song comes back to my mind so often. You might know it...you might not. But if you're soaking your life in prayer right now too, it might speak to you.

And it's true. He knows.

 

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I love this song and God will bless your relationship! It is a year of 'something big', right? Praying for and with you!!

Bekah said...

It sure has been a big year so far! Bigger than we bargained for! :) Thankful that in this GRAB YOUR HAT AND HANG ON!!! kind of life...God's faithful!

Natasha said...

I'm praying for you as you are in yet another season of waiting. I firmly believe that God's plans for you are growing, you just might not be able to see them yet.