Wednesday, April 01, 2015

In Which A Project is Born

I have the most long-suffering husband in the entire world.

And not just because he's married to me.

He married me knowing the master bedroom in my house was purple. And then he put up with a purple bedroom for twenty-nine LONNNNNNNNG months.

Since it was just a cosmetic change, we spent all our time fixing up the parts of the house that actually NEEDED real updates. And then we were tired of renovating and just stopped.

But...the time has come.

The time to pull out the paint samples and see what purple would look like if it were more....tan and blue. The colors of the beach....
Verdict? Blue and tan are good. But not THAT blue and tan. So....back to the Lowe's we went for more paint chips.

We found some paint we liked, and I knew the project would come soon.

Apparently REALLY soon. When I came out of the bathroom yesterday morning, at 6:30 a.m., Ryan was already working.
Scraping had commenced, and no, he didn't have the day off. He was just eager to get a little done BEFORE work. I don't even know what that means.

So last night, after dinner, we went to Lowe's with our paint chips and made our purchases!! A cart full of paint and supplies!
And then...are you ready for this?

He wanted to make a paint pyramid.
And then...he came up with all of the following on his own:





Don't let all those faces fool you. THIS BOY IS GETTING RID OF A PURPLE ROOM!!!!!!!
But you know what's funniest of all? As {obviously} excited as he is to be rid of the tri-shade purple master bedroom, he's really THIS excited to have a new project!!

I love this guy. Project junkie that he is and all!


If you can stand it, I'll post updates when we're done! {Which may be sometime between my shower and leaving for work tomorrow morning!}

6 comments:

Tamar SB said...

That paint pyramid is absolutely hilarious!! Good luck!

Nita said...

He is so goofy!!! That's my boy!! :)

Shari said...

Good for Ryan....and you too!! I am totally impressed with his excitement to do projects along with his great sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! it will be such a fun new color and will feel like a brand new space, so so fun!

yes, post photos ASAP, yes yes yes

XOXO :)

Odie Boggs said...

This is great!!! Can't wait to see the finished project.

Natasha said...

So is it done yet?! And does Ryan want to come do some work at our house? We have lots of projects and lots of coffee :)