I love having Ryan home on the weekends. Doesn't happen all the time, but I love it when it does. This particular weekend, though, wasn't very restful. Fun, but not restful. I fear I may crash for my Sunday afternoon nap about two this afternoon. Gulp.
We like to plan our evenings when we're commuting in the morning. We're just nerds that way. So Friday morning, we enthusiastically planned our evening: pizza, pop and painting. We were going to knock out SO MUCH WORK.
Until we sat on Mo with the pizza and the pop. And then this was pretty much the view for the rest of the night:
So we tried again on Saturday. We got up early and went out for a breakfast date to Cracker Barrel. Ryan skipped the game provided on the table and made his own:
We did a little shopping - partly for us and partly for things we needed in the room overhaul. Found some great deals, and I was happy with that! Then we really really really did come home and get busy.
We had to do a lot of taping...and trim painting...and untaping {is that even a word? It is now!}..and touching up of mistakes. As always, our trusty helper....
Sometimes it can be confusing where the tape actually GOES.
I feel very tall.
A peek at our colors. Oh my word. How we truly love them. And that's good because we are NOT redoing this.
No amount of coaxing could get her to look at the camera. She's such an almost-nine-year-old. But she's cute, so I guess she can be stubborn like that.
So...after our weekend of NO rest, we're happy to report we do have all the painting DONE. The new bedding is purchased and washed and ready to be applied to the bed. The picture frames have been spray painted, which is a cheaper version of buying all new ones. We're ready to reassemble the thing and put the room back together so we can show you the after pics!!
I guarantee you that if I'd been doing this on my own, it would be taking at least a full month. As it is, we're looking at a couple of weeks. But it's been fun to do this thing together. And by together, of course, I mean with the help of Braeya Jo Jo!!
4 hours ago
7 comments:
Yay for being nearly done!!
yayyy i cannot wait to see it!!! and your kitty is SO cute. She is just a precious one. good job painting, the colors remind me of like an ocean room, which is super cool since you got married at the ocean!
happy week, bekah. Maybe a nap after work is needed? Then I vote Ivanhoes strawberry shorcake for dinner. It can totally BE dinner.
shortcake= =carb
berries = fruit
ice cream/whipped cream =dairy ehhh kinda protein
YUM.
XOXO
oh and the shortcake I am suuuure is whole grain, yes? kidding. totally kidding.
but isn't their shortcake just like heaven in a little bowl of delish? yes, I agree. XO
Tamar - AMEN. Maybe by the end of week we will have after pics!!
Polly - She is cute when it's not 3 am and she's playing "Jump over mom's head and land on her bladder" - the newest game in her world.
We picked the colors to look like the beach, so YAY!! It worked!!
And yes. SOON. The shortcake.
I've been thinking of painting frames. But I'm messy.
Spray paint, baby!! (Although Ryan paints ours so maybe I would find I don't fare well either in reality)
Ahhhh... I'm almost caught up to the room reveal! Can't wait. And do you guys want to come help me paint in the fall. I'm hoping to do the living room and fix the parts of the office where the tape took the paint off the walls. Yes, it was very helpful. :(
Post a Comment