...our new room!!!
It's true! After two weeks, something to the tune of four gallons of paint, and a lot of inconvenience, the room is DONE. We love it and may not leave it for several days to come. Thought you might like to see the purple-paradise-turned-beach-retreat. Hope you love it too!
Here are the before pics. Yes, three shades of purple, painted nine years ago, pre-husband, when I decided if ever I was going to have a purple room, that was the time.
I did love it, but it was kind of dark {okay, VERY dark} - and I tried so hard NOT to think about all.the.hard.work. that went into those stripes. You know...as we painted over them.
So are you ready for the after?? I can't wait to show you!!!!!
Ta DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Please tell me you love it! {And if you don't - it's okay! WE still love it!!}
We primed. We patched. We painted. We patched some more. And I am pretty proud of us. I think we did it on a great budget.
Here are some of the up close touches.
The frames were ones we already owned. Ryan found white spray paint in the garage, and painted them so they would fit the new beach theme. I haven't changed out the pictures yet...so that was also free. And the S? REALLY cool gift from my best friend. Fits perfectly!
RYAN actually picked out our curtains, and he did a great job. We have curtains at the window and also behind our bed, to serve as a headboard. He found them and they were perfect.
My amazing new mirror that Ryan gave me for Easter. It reminds me of a bit of driftwood on the wall. Couldn't be more perfect.
We reused all the lamps we already had in there. Ryan spray painted the big picture frame so we could reuse that pics, one of my faves from our wedding. All the other frames were already in the room. I just regrouped them to be together.
The seaglass and starfish art was a gift from my best friend...and the art with the Adirondack chairs was a present from my sister. We had the other two and they all just seemed to fit together!
Ryan picked out the blue pillow, and the little one in front was a shower gift from my sister.
And that...completes our room.
If you don't see us for a couple months, we're taking a nap.
4 hours ago












13 comments:
Oh my goodness. Love it! What great colors, so calm and relaxing. Very cool to use the curtains as the headboard, good choice, Ryan.
LOVE IT!!!! great job guys! So excited for you and it will be so fun to wake up each day in your new fresh beautiful space.:)
XO
Its adorable! You two did a great job!
Very beautiful and inviting! Great job!!
How many people can say they washed their headboard last night in the washer and dryer? Looks good.
Looks awesome!!!
Wow, very nice! I love the stripes you had before- can imagine the pain of painting over them. Stripes are so much work...Great job on the room. Love the new colors.
I love it! I was hoping to see pics on there today!! Great job!
It looks so relaxing and calming. I never saw a Keurig in a bedroom before with so many mugs! :) Must be your coffee addiction.
It is lovely and calm and relaxing...everything a bedroom should be! Amazing the difference a can (or four!) can make in a room. And of course, I love the beach theme!
Love it
Thank you EVERYONE!!! You made us smile!
Tamar - I kind of stole the idea from HGTV. It works for us for now!!
Shawn - HA HA!!!!!!!
Maria - The stripes took DAYS!!!!! My boss (at the time) sent his wife over to help me do them and she was a great teacher.
Jayla - We do like having coffee in pretty much every room. :)
Thanks for all the love!!!
This looks great!!! I love the beach theme. And after seeing how big a change a coat of paint can make, I am getting excited to paint again!
Post a Comment