* Last Sunday was, of course, Easter, and Ryan and I really enjoyed our church service, followed by a fun breakfast out {something we've never done on Easter morning before} and then celebrations with both our families. So much food, such fun egg hunts, and time with people we never get to see made for a really joy-filled day. And I was SO thankful it was pretty.
* Monday was my co-worker Jeri's 40th birthday and they sure didn't let THAT fly under the radar. Balloons, confetti, and senior parking cones all around the building. And DELICIOUS treats. I do love birthdays. Monday night, Ryan worked on painting, but my head was so full that I really needed some time to do some writing, so he graciously did the work himself while I did some other things. I appreciated it!
* Tuesday, we had ANOTHER celebration at work for Jeri...this one complete with Coldstone cake. MY WORD was it good!! Our friends Troy and Cilicia came over for a bit in the evening so Troy could do some repair work with Ryan on our ceiling. While they played with their power tools, Cilicia and I stayed entertained by their kids! Ryan did a bit more painting that night, and I did some work with pictures. My happy place!!
* Wednesday we got some crazy forecasts, and I won't lie...I was relieved when the storms skirted all around us for the most part. After work, Braeya and Ryan curled up to rest and I made a delicious lemon chicken dinner {Thanks, Dashing Dish!!}. Ryan did some repair work on the ceiling in our room and a little more painting. Know my favorite part of the day? Hearing him sing worship songs while he painted. Heart = full!
* Thursday, Lynne and I had our song-themed BLT, which was much fun. And when I got home from work that night, Ryan and I launched back into painting. Are you ready for this? COLOR WENT ON THE WALLS, PEOPLE!!! I was beginning to think it would never be time for real color. We worked hard all night and got the bulk of the tan part done! The other exciting part of the day was seeing all the little buds leftover from the storm. HOPE OF SPRING!
* Friday was a long day at work for both of us. We were just ready for a weekend! We always know we're getting tired when we start texting silly pictures to each other during work! We had grand plans for a Pizza, Pop, and Painting party that night when we got home. Wellllll, we had the pizza and the pop, but it's possible we traded in painting for a MOVIE on MO. :) Whoopsie!!
* Yesterday we went out for breakfast for our date...little Cracker Barrel fun! Then we went shopping for our new bedding and such for our room. {Yeah, ALL of it was purple. Walls, bedding, curtains, ALL OF IT.} Then we came home and worked our little tails off to try to get the bulk of the painting DONE. And it worked, too! With the exception of un-taping and some touch ups of the blue and the trim, the painting is done. We are excited to put the room back together!
4 hours ago







3 comments:
I totally make creamer pyramids too!! Love the paint color, can't wait to see the finished room!
We can't wait either! Almost there!
Whoo hoo for getting the bulk of the painting done. And I can tell I'm hungry because all of that food sounds/looks delicious!!!
Post a Comment