Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Shafferland Shuffle

* Last Sunday, Ryan and I came home after church to spend some time in prayer about things we're wrestling through right now. I think even Braeya was feeling it...because she parked herself on the Bible to watch us! We rested all afternoon and ventured forth that night for a few things we needed, among them {for me, anyway} a stop at Starbucks! :) And then I started the aforementioned hippie practice of making my own face wash!
* Monday, on the fourth day of spring, Indiana got snow. Not the most we've ever gotten in a day, but apparently people had already forgotten how to drive, because I passed half a dozen wrecks on the way home, and I had to drive about 30 for a good chunk of that trip. BOO. By the time we got home, we were just worn out, so we skipped the gym and stayed home. And while Ryan took a nap, I did some journaling in my new journal. Ahhhhh how I love a new journal.
* Tuesday's commute home was SO much nicer than Monday's. Thank you, Lord, for blue skies again! Ryan and I hit the gym and then came home to enjoy some skinny Mexican pizza, which was absolutely DELICIOUS. And I was so excited because my oils kit arrived! Yeah yeah - I entered the oils world!! {More proof for Mom that I'm a hippie, I fear.}
* Wednesday night, Ryan and I kicked our original dinner plans out the window and made the pizza kit we bought from the youth group at church. It was actually really fun to construct our own pizza! We curled up and watched TV and even did some reading - yes, even RYAN did some reading! It was a fun night!
* You already read about our Thursday - when I forgot my breakfast and had to go in search of it in the rain...and when Ryan forgot the coffee grounds in our coffee pot. It was a gloomy day, but we made our way to the gym that night anyway. It was not a great workout for either of us. But I suppose going is better than sitting at home, right? {Things I tell myself...}
* Friday, Lynne and I had a Mid-Morning planning day! It apparently required four iced teas, two coffees and a water. :) We had a fun day and got a lot of work done - and took advantage of the fact that the place where we met had white board markers provided for writing on the windows. OKAY!!!! After work, Ryan and I grilled out for dinner and then headed to Starbucks for a leisurely little date.
*Ryan worked yesterday, so I enjoyed a long day of writing at home. One of those kinds of days where I get so engrossed that I forget important things like hydrating and bathroom breaks. The not so fun part of the day was the GIANT splinter I got in my foot and had to yank out. It HURT! {This is why I'm a carpet girl. Hardwoods are hazardous!} Ryan and I tried to FaceTime on our lunch hour, but our phones rebelled against us, leaving us to stare at ourselves. :( 

4 comments:

Tamar SB said...

I love winter but it needs to stop showing now! Sorry about the splinter )-:

Unknown said...

I have a Young Living oils kit on the way too!!! When I told my hubby about them and how wonderful they're going to be for all of his ailments, he claimed I was attempting to give him some sort of snake oil! I'm so excited to start using them! Did you get a diffuser as well?

Bekah said...

Tamar - I couldn't believe you guys got MORE!! You've had the WORST winter!!

Tia - No way!! How exciting! I did get a diffuser, and today was my first day to use it. Braeya is COMPLETELY mesmerized by it. She just sits and stares.

Natasha said...

Okay, I am so over the snow. Thankfully, there is none in the predicted forecast so I'm hoping it stays that way. Also, that splinter is awful. Blah.