Sunday, September 02, 2012

It's the Weekly Recap!

* Last Sunday...a very big day in the world of my taste buds: my first ever gyro:
Not gonna lie: I loved it! Quite tasty. And tasty again on Monday. And Tuesday. (From eating leftovers. Not that it was the meal that gave back for that many days. HELLO!)

* Monday I learned the joy of cramming a day full of recovering from a day off the previous week while simultaneously preparing for a day off the coming week. It essentially equals a lot of paperwork! But it's paperwork I love! Know why? NO MATH!!!

* Tuesday evening I visited the lovely Rachel at her new home which is SO cute. I'm so proud of her for her very first place! Took that cute little housewarming bucket I showed you a couple of weeks ago. Remember? The Pinterest inspiration?

* Wednesday I braved wearing these bad boys to work:
You can't see it but they have about a 3 inch heel. Yeah. OW. That's what I'm saying. I dressed up because we had some in-studio guests for our Kitchen Caboodle show. That was the show where I learned that my multi-tasking limit is turning on mics, pulling down music, talking perkily (is that a word?) and reading. Did. Not. Go. Well.

* Thursday evening I had to mow my yard. I do appreciate the return of green grass, but I won't lie - didn't miss mowing. Fortunately I had a pretty little sight.....

* Friday I had the day off work, so I went down to Anderson to Mounds State Park for some hiking. I hadn't been down there since junior high....gorgeous views! And the day was perfect. Not too hot or sunny - just plenty muggy. Enough to get Monica Gellar hair.

* Saturday was rainy (thankyouverymuchwhateverstormyouwereIsaac) - so I had go skip plan A (and B and C) and ended up enjoying a very leisurely day of shopping and eating. I mean, really. Can you go wrong with that? Had lunch here...yummy!!
Pinterest Inspiration. Back to the land of food this week for good old Pinterest. I found this pin, and as I finally traced it back to its roots (I'm SO bad about doing that when I actually pin)...I found it went to some fancy pants, hard to make recipe.
  
So I stuck with the suggestion the pinner made...which was to use crescent rolls and pie filling...and TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
EASY to make (case in point - made them before consuming coffee and they were still edible!) and quite tasty, I might add.

3 comments:

Mark Allman said...

I laughed out loud when you said and Monday and Tuesday because my mind was already saying "she went 3 days in a row she really does like gyro's!". Of course I got to the leftover part. There a couple of foods that I like it when it is leftover better than the first time around.

Phats said...

LOVEEEE the hot dog stand!! We go there quite a bit :) Glad you liked the gyro

Bekah said...

Mark - Sorry for the confusion!! :)

Phats - ME TOO!!!! Hadn't been there all year!