Yesterday wore me out, people. Wore. Me. Out.
It started on my way to work. I was chattering away on my phone (shock, gasp) when my call dropped. And I couldn't get the phone to do a THING after that. It wouldn't dial. It wouldn't receive a call. It wouldn't send or receive texts.
And therefore I had trouble sending and receiving OXYGEN.
I called the phone company and they said there was an outage in a tri-state area and I should expect service to be restored within the hour.
You might imagine that "within the hour" is a very relative term.
By the time my show started, I still had no phone. And I was so out of sorts, I nearly forgot to turn on all the microphones at the beginning of the show. Worst engineering day I've had to date. Lynne was most amused at my lack-of-phone discomfort.
I failed to see the same amusement.
Later in the day, I sat down to put together the monthly newsletter for our show. Got it all done and guess what?
It didn't save.
Ohhhhhhhh how grateful I am for an IT guy who is the very epitome of patience. He pulled up a chair next to my desk and sat with me as I redid the entire note, helping me save it in various ways so as not to lost it again. And he did it all without caffeine. Amazing.
After work, I had to scurry to the gas station before coming home. I was probably the equivalent of 2 blocks from the gas station when traffic began to stall. I inched closer and eventually saw it...a car about the size of my loveseat at home was sitting sideways in the lane in front of me. Everyone was merging into the other lane and I dutifully turned on my signal and waited. AND NO ONE LET ME IN. People are so kind during Friday afternoon rush hour.
I risked life and bumper to squeeze in front of an RV and made it around the accident and into the gas station.
In the time it took me to pull into the gas station, pay for the gas, pump the gas, and pull back out, this happened:
(photo from wane.com)
How did I not HEAR THAT??? I mean, seriously!! Wouldn't you think you'd hear a truck falling over???
It was at that point I decided the interstate was unsafe on this particular day, and much like the wise men, I came home by a different route.
And once home...I sat. And I played with my phone....because. I. could.
4 hours ago

1 comment:
Good luck on your run today!!
Post a Comment