I was online last night just about to post my "Happy Plant A Flower Day" post when I heard sirens. I happened to be on the phone with Mom at the time, so I said something about it and joked that they were coming to get me.
Then they actually got closer.
And closer.
And closer.
And stopped.
Apparently there was a small electrical fire down the street. Nothing big...in fact, I'm not even sure there were real flames. But every truck in the city showed up for it, I think. Must have been a slow night. Our whole street was strobe light central. The cats weren't sure about it at all. Everyone on the block emerged from hibernating to stand on the porch and watch - most of us on the phone.
It humored me. There's a fire and everyone has to not only watch, but call people to drag them into the excitement of our street.
Of course by the time the last truck left, it was about 11:30 and I was exhausted from day two of the time change. There was no time to wish anyone a happy flower planting day.
It's okay. I wouldn't have had time yesterday anyway. But today is a new day, so I wish you a happy day, even if you choose not to plant a flower!
2 comments:
Lucky they weren't coming for you! ha ha
I was really happy about that! Having a house fire is one of my biggest fears in life. I was just glad I was already home from Bible study and that I didn't ARRIVE on my street to find the mass o trucks. I would have had a coronary on the spot. And I would have been in trouble because the one thing missing was an ambulance.
Post a Comment