Wow. Rough night for the guys of Idol. I got a phone call near the end, so the last three performances did not get my best attention (or maybe even my worst since my opinions that I formed while talking seemed to contradict everything the judges said).
Here's my thoughts -
Blake - I hated his outfit, particularly the pants, but I thought he was creative with his song. It got better for me as he went along.
Sanjaya - I think I could have handled his song a bit better, had it not been prefaced with the hula visual. I also hate it that he has better hair than I do. :) I still think he sounds like he's in high school - which I realize he is. Unfortunately for him, he's the only one IN high school, so it's a very obvious separation of talent.
Sundance - He must have trimmed that facial hair in some way because this is the first night it was not distracting to me. Tonight I actually thought he was really nice-looking and his eyes are especially nice. He is NOT Daughtry or Bo Bice - I thought he should leave the mic stand on the floor and not scream.
Chris R. - I thought he sang a litle rough, but I thought he did a superb job of song choice. Girls are gonna love him!!! He's a cutie. And I did too want to know how he lost the weight, Simon!
Jared - This is the first week that I've really liked everything about him - and go figure, the judges didn't. He's a classy, clean cut guy. Last week I didn't really care if he made it into the top, but this week it might not be so bad if he did!
Brandon - He was better than last week, I thought, and it looked like a fun song. This would be where I got the phone call, so I didn't really get enough of the song to make a full analysis.
Phil - I heard his falsetto and I really liked it. Apparently none of the judges cared for him. Maybe I can't multi-task as well as I thought.
Chris S. - CLEARLY I didn't hear that one well because as I was writing down on my paper "Best of the Night" the judges were giving him a "This was bad, dawg." Maybe I just want him to go on because I really do like him.
Having said all of that, I think Sanjaya should go home, hands down (even though I think he's a great kid) and my second "go home" pick is a toss-up between Brandon and Jared. Furthermore - I still think it's a girl's year. None of the guys are in the league of 4-5 of the girls.
6 comments:
I actually watched guys night for the first time. Well I missed a couple performances...but I did watch most of it.
Blake--I LOVE 311. They are fun upbeat group and I think he did a great job performing that song. And I liked his pants...he could actually pull that look off.
Sanjaya--He has better hair than the women. What is up with that. I didn't like his performance.
Sundance--I enjoyed him.
Phil--His eyes were buggy and scared me. I even noticed this before Simon commented on his eyes.
Is Chris R the curly hair Jack Osborn guy? I liked him if so!
It is so not fair when guys get better hair OR eyelashes than girls!!!
What did Simon say about Phil's eyes? I missed that part.
Chris S - the last one to sing - is the Jack lookalike.
ha Simon commented that Phil had BBBIIIGGG eyes!!!
oh! well he does have big eyes, but so far I've not been scared. maybe next week?
The guys were bad last night. That said there were a couple I did like.
Blake is my favorite! I liked the look actually. Chris R wasn't great but I still liked him. The Jack Osbourne guy lost me when he butted heads with Simon, for me that's a NO No! :) Phil was HORRIBLE last night and I noticed his eyes too. Didn't like either of the black guys. That being said the two going home should be
SUNJAWA and SUNDANCE but they won't I know they won't. I don't like sundance he was screaming, and he looks scary!
I think I should have paid closer attention last night. Maybe all my opinions would be different!!! I'm sad I missed all those things at the end. Oh well. Maybe next time!!!
Post a Comment