Phats and Jessica (our student worker) convinced me to give American Idol one more shot tonight. Since I cave to peer pressure, I watched.
I won't comment on everyone because some people didn't impress me that much one way or the other. But here's what I feel deserves commentary.
* Melinda. I cried for her. I cried because she's so full of soul when she sings and because she loves the whole American Idol experience, and that is refreshing to see. I cried because she cried and because she deserved all the applause she received. She's warm and real and I want her to win.
* Lakisha. She looked beautiful tonight and she did a super job on that song. She's down to earth and good and she deserves a shot. I'd love to see her in the finals and I don't think I'd be upset if she won either - because she's just that good.
* Jordin. She is just amazing. The song she sang was my favorite song of the night. I'd not heard it before and I loved the melody and the lyrics. She did a great job with it, she looked beautiful, and I would love to see her hang in there and give those people ten years her senior a good run for their money.
* Sanjaya. Bless his precious little heart. It was so painful. He looked like Shirley Temple and the whale/wail thing CRACKED me up. I think he's just as sweet as he can possibly be, but wow...it was bad.
* Haley. The whole reason I wanted to quit watching this season. I will try to be as kind as I know how to be, but she brings out my opinionated side! Okay first of all - her hair didn't used to be that long. As in...two weeks ago it wasn't that long...was it? I hate it when they do that. Secondly, WHAT WAS WITH THAT DRESS??? I didn't need to see that much of her. It was like lingerie meets a t-shirt and collides with an 80's bridesmaid dress. BAD. I truly do not think she is a bad singer, but I didn't think she was that great tonight. But even all of THAT does not matter next to my true issue with her. She cannot take constructive criticism without rolling her eyes. You know what? So she didn't like what the judges said. Well I'm guessing Brandon and Chris Sligh and even Stephanie didn't like their feedback either. But they kept smiling and nodding. She rolled her eyes and bit her lip and that, to me, is very disrespectful. And then when Simon (whose drink must have been drugged) gave her those lavish compliments, she burst into tears and started profusely thanking all the judges for their feedback. No, see, you only get to do that after you politely sit through the bad part. That is my whole problem with her. She is beautiful and a good singer, but it all boils down to attitude, and hers leaves behind a very sour taste.
Haley's moment in the spotlight was nearly enough to ruin the entire evening for me. But fortunately, with Jordin ending the show and the recap of Melinda's song, I remain a fan for at least another week.
That said, let it be known that as much as my blood pressure really needs Haley to go home, Sanjaya is the one who should go this week. He was worse than Haley.
11 comments:
Ought oh you might not like my comment, first things first bottom three
Brandon(horrible and forgot his words. he has toured with some BIG TIME stars so he has been on a stage like that before)
Sunjaya(someone shoot the kid and put it out of its misery, was horrible. I laughed over the "whale/wail" part myself!
Chris S.(Absolutely butchered a classic song)
That being said I doubt any of them, but possibly brandon will be bottom three.
Best of the night
Melinda, was so amazing!
Jordin, voted for her
Lakesha, these should be the final 3.
Haleygate. I like her, but for ALL the wrong reasons. I think she is drop dead gorgeous, so I have no problems whatsoever keeping her in the competition. I thought Simon was nice to her, and I think she thought he was being nice because she was crying, and that is where eye rolls came. I like her for her looks, and I think you can take it to the bank she'll stay, but then again I could be wrong! usually am. Here is why she'll stay though
1. She is gorgeous
2. She cried(remember Jasmine?)
3. what Simon said.
We'll see keep wathcing for Melinda!you can do it bekah
Phats - by the end of Idol, I'm going to be really mad at you if one of these NOT Melinda, Lakisha, or Jordin people win.
Having said that, I think your top and bottom three are really good choices - let's hope they're right!
I will not argue with you that Haley is gorgeous. I think she is too. I just can't handle what's under the pretty. But Simon just bought her another week. SIMON!!!!!!!
*sigh* I missed Idol last night. Instead I was outside most of the night enjoying the awesome weather!
It was a better place to be...outside. I should have gone out there too...during a couple of the songs anyway. PLEASE look up Haley's outfit, though. I want to know what you think.
was is the red tank? or the black halter top outfit???
Neither - I've not been able to find a picture of it yet - RRRRRR!!! It was really dark - blue or black, I think. The front was SUPER low cut and then it ballooned out around her waist (HELLO!!! DUMB MOVE) and then there was this giant ribbon around the very top of her thighs and then it kind of just ended - like a long t shirt.
Umm it was HOT that's all we need to know
Signed- the one who autographed nutz yearbook!!
GRRRRR Phats!!! I SAID I WAS SORRY I DIDN'T SIGN HER YEARBOOK!!! lol.
I did not say that SHE was ugly. I said the DRESS was ugly. (I'm back to Haley now...that last comment was in no way referring to Nutz.)
Well I still can't find a picture either...So I will believe Bekah over Phats (even though he signed ALL my yearbooks!!)
HAHA! HECK YA I SIGNED EM!
BTW so close to getting rid of hiM!
Post a Comment