Friday, March 09, 2007

In More Pleasant News...

To chipper up the blog after the Idol post - I do have some exciting news in the land of less food and more exercise!!! :)
I went clothes shopping Wednesday evening. It had been so LONG since I went shopping and I wanted to hit a few sale racks before everything was super picked over. Unfortunately there had already been a lot of picking, but I found a few new things.
The best, part, though, was that I was down a whole size! The size, of course, varies, depending on which store I shop. Amazing how fat I am at Fashion Bug and how skinny I am at K-Mart. But hey, either one is better than shopping for formals. There is nothing more detrimental to a girl's self esteem than shopping for a formal gown. I went up a good two sizes when buying bridesmaid dresses for my professional wedding attendant career.
So anyway, I have been inspired to keep the portions little and the elliptical in full use. Still a long way to go, but definitely a start!!!!

6 comments:

Cara Bara said...

woohoo that is awesome. Keep up the good work.

PS=Fashion Bug makes me fat too~

Christina said...

WOHOOOOO!!!!! I love, love, love hearing such good news and getting to buy clothes in a smaller size. Horay for you!

Now if only I could get my rear in gear....

Bekah said...

Cara - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that gets fat at the Bug. I probably would quit shopping there because of it EXCEPT I get such great coupons!!!

Christina - Thanks for the lil cheer!! :) I was kind of excited. And last night when I hopped on the elliptical, I tuned into David's most recent album which is SUPER peppy - and away I went!! I didn't even collapse off of it screaming "WATER!!!" like I usually do. :) Of course I was so into the music that I about fell off the elliptical twice. This would be bad, since it's parked at the top of the stairs.

SkyePuppy said...

Bekah,

That's fabulous!!!

But you might want to park your elliptical away from the stairs...

Phats said...

Wow congrats that's awesome keep up the good work bekah!! And don't give up on idol, you still have Melinda, Lakesha, Stephanie, and Jordin!
*not sure which guys you like

Bekah said...

Skyepuppy - You're right...I'm not very coordinated. This is trouble in the making.

Phats - Knowing me, I'll probably return to the couch to watch the remaining good ones. It will be character building. Sigh.