Thursday, March 01, 2007

And My Thoughts on the Girls' Night

I forgot my notes at home - yes, I actually make notes. I have inherited my mother's short short-term memory, so if I don't write it down, I forget it. But we're down for the count here at work again, so I thought I'd take advantage of the moment to post my thoughts - at least as much as I can remember:
* Alaina - I've never been crazy about her and I'm still not crazy about her. I thought she did better this week than last, but she's not nearly in the league of some of the others.
* Antonella - My opnion from Alainia carries over to her. If the two of them went home this week, that would be absolutely fine with me. I'm not crazy about their personality or their talent.
* Gina - I still struggle with her. I thought she did a good job last night, but she's still a little bit too full of herself for my tastes.
* Hayley - I think she is beautiful, I think she and her fiance make a terrific looking couple, and I think she has good talent. I also think she did a great job of taking the criticism they gave her last week and implementing it. Where she lost me was in the critique this week. I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt that she cried because she was emotional over the dedication and disappointment in their comments. But to me it came across as flippant before the tears and she lost all my vote (as if I vote!) there.
* Jordin - She is just as cute as she can be, and I have such a hard time remembering how young she is. Unlike Sanjaya, I think she can contend with the largely mature crowd. She fits right in with people 8-10 years her senior. I hope she stays.
* Lakisha - She is amazing and better not be one of those that gets out early because people forgot to vote for her. I was VERY happy that Simon left her weight alone.
* Leslie - MUCH better than last week. She got my vote for most improved. She's still not as good as many of the others, but she did a lot better.
* Melinda - I agree 100% with the judges. Her humble attitude is going to take her as far as her voice. She is amazing. She and Lakisha are my top two favorites.
* Sabrina - Great closing to the show. I thought she did great despite a couple of weak notes. She's powerful.
* Stephanie - I loved her sassy hair and her sassy song. I do think she was better last week, but she was still REALLY good.

2 comments:

Cara Bara said...

I like that Goodlittle lady. She is so cute and has an amazing voice. I thought Haley did a good job too, dispite the judges negative comments. Also, I wish that Antenolla chic goes home soon. She just got on there for her good looks--no talent!

Phats said...

Cara is meeting me here at 5:30! then we're on our way woohoo

I am really liking Jordin!