Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Girls Have It

I hate it that there's the equal six/six rule for guys/girls. I had a much harder time thinking of girls I wanted to see gone from the show. This week scared me - there's too many good ones and the danger of losing one of them is too great for me.
Jordin - She is cute, energetic, and fun. Cracks me up that she is so much younger than the rest - and yet I forget that about her. (Not true in Sanjaya's case.)
Sabrina - She is a stunning woman. Her hair, her complexion, her features - STUNNING. And yet she's not so full of herself that it's distracting. I love her powerful voice. I want her to stay.
Antonella - WHY WHY WHY is she still here? I rolled my eyes when she sang - cause I was bored!! I hated the outfit. I have heard bits and pieces about her "scandal" and think her outfit only lent itself toward those rumors, not away from them.
Haley - I actually laughed when Simon said he couldn't remember her name. I know her name, but right after Antonella sang, I thought to myself, "Who else would I want to go home besides Antonella? I like everyone else!" Then I saw Haley up in the top part of the stage and I thought - "Who is that?" Guess he has a point. She is pretty forgettable in this crowd. I tried to distance myself from my feelings about her last week when I thought she was flippant toward the judges. I thought she did better with that this week, but I still think it sounds like the talent portion of a beauty pageant when she sings. I don't deny she's good - but she is NOT in the league of the others.
Stephanie - She is a sassy, spunky young lady and I just love her. Very powerful, very fun, very lovable. Want her to stay.
Lakisha - I like the sparks of off-stage personality that I'm starting to see from her. I literally screamed when Simon called her beautiful. He has come a long way from the days of cutting down the over-size-two girls. Classy of him to say she's beautiful. I was thrilled for her.
Gina - I think she finally won me over this week. I loved her as a rocker. I like the idea of a girl in that role. I liked Constantine and Bo and Daughtry - but I like that switching over to the girls' camp this year.
Melinda - Song of the night. Performance of the night. I cried. I cried and I won't lie about it. I loved her song (you have to remember that I grew up without any secular music, so 97% of songs are new to me), I loved her attitude, I loved her humble spirit, I loved her confidence, and I loved it that she's as OCD as I am. AND I love it that she renamed it "equal opportunity." I was so happy for her that I absolutely cried.
So my vote for GO HOME is Antonella and Haley. I hope we don't lose any of the rest.

2 comments:

Cara Bara said...

I watched the first part of this and ended up falling asleep on the couch the rest (I'm a loser).

Jordin--She is very mature for her age and I enjoy her performances.

Sabrina -- I agree VERY stunning, just beautiful and has an amazing voice.

Antonella -- She is only still here b/c the judges thinks she is "pretty". I think she is "pretty" awful. Go home.

Haley -- I like Haley even though she doesn't stand out from the rest. At least she made it this far.

Stephanie -- I think I was falling asleep at this point, so I don't remember anything after her!!

Bekah said...

YOU make me laugh...I like that "I think she is pretty awful - go home!" I might use it sometime. I'll give you credit.

I'm so nervous for tonight. Only for the girls. Guys don't matter. Well they do, but you know what I mean.