So I thought maybe I'd bring back that learning method myself...do you mind if I do it here with you? I thought maybe we could learn together...once a week. These aren't the same verses I prayed over Ryan. I came up with a whole new group of them...and maybe you'll want to learn and pray these over your marriage...your kids...even yourself. {Especially yourself!} Hope you can join me!
There were a few times in the single season of my life, when I reminded God of this verse. They weren't my finest moments. But on those days when I had absolutely HAD IT with being alone, I would fall on my face and say GODDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! I have asked and asked and asked and asked...I have looked everywhere on this planet, and I don't know if You can hear me banging down the door of Heaven, but I am!! WHERE IS HE???
And on NONE of those days did Ryan stand on my porch and ring my doorbell.
But I fully believe because of the days I did pray persistently and passionately for this desire in my life, that day did come...when the doorbell rang, and God gave me the answer.
When the answer came, I was lounging on the chair, but I'd spent days...months, perhaps, pursuing the answer with sheer grit.
When your heart longs to the core for something, you have to put some strength behind it. Not shouting a request, but falling before God with a humble heart and asking...not just for the delivery of an answer, but for all the mini-lessons and answers that go along with it. Not just glancing around, but seeking in deep pursuit for all that God has for you on this journey. Not just tapping out a prayer, but sincere, persistent, persevering prayer for the answer.
Praying for something is so much more than the something. It's a whole journey in and of itself. And not a journey for the half-hearted. A journey for the seeking believer who wants to experience the God of the answer as much as the answer.
Here's my question to you...and to me...Are you brave enough to ask??
5 comments:
Thanks Bekah! I appreciate your honesty and it made me think of all that I have been asking of God and not realizing He is answering me, just not the way I expected! :)
great words... great letter... great scripture
and dig the Vlog too
thanks!
Jayla - You're welcome!! Sometimes I wish I were better at seeing the answers for what they are closer to the actual answer...and not a couple of years down the road!!
David - Thank YOU!!!! :) It had been a while since I did a vlog...they're fun!
I like the idea of asking with "grit" or "bravery." I'd never thought about it that way before. I now have a whole new reason to looks forward to Wednesdays :)
Awww thanks, Natasha!!!! That grit thing came about as part of my desert journey. It was a whole season of grit and energy! {or attempts at it.}
Post a Comment