* Monday I worked SO hard to get ahead of the game {after being behind the game, following Share} because the weather was fixin' to be unpredictable again, and I didn't know how many days I'd make it into the office during the week! But I did get a nice surprise at work - a gift of a BLT cheeseball mix! Isn't that cool? And then that night, Ryan and I got busy trying to get house chores done ahead in case the pipes froze. Laundry! Dishwasher! Groceries! Not an exciting day to report, but definitely a productive day!
* Tuesday, I came home at noon to be sure to beat the impending bad weather. They increased our projected snowfall to a total of 12+ inches that day {NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!} and I did NOT want to get stuck at work in that. Braeya and I curled up on the couch to work and Ryan stayed at his job the whole day before making a treacherous drive home. We stayed inside all night - and watched the Biggest Loser finale!! {Rachel - I wanted you to win and am so glad you did, but please don't stay SO THIN!!!}
* Wednesday...this girl went NOWHERE!! Ryan took the good car and went to work and I settled in on the couch to work from home. I squeezed in a pedicure while I worked...and at the end of the day, rushed a batch of no-bake cookies so we'd have something fun for dessert! Ryan came home with a Redbox movie, and when you add Starbucks to that, it makes for an impromptu midweek DATE!
* Thursday was a long, exhausting day, emotionally speaking, for both of us. That night we went to the gym, where I had a hard-fought mental battle with the track and came out on top with my most recent best mile time! And then...it was time for the start to THE OLYMPICS!!! It's back!!! We stayed on the couch the rest of the night, soaking up the snowboarding and ice skating - and I multi-tasked that with speech writing!
* Ryan did NOT have to work yesterday, which is about 17 kinds of wonderful. We slept in, watched TV, and enjoyed our morning together, and then Ryan had to be a responsible adult, fixing stuff around the house. I was a responsible scrapper and did several more pages on our cruise book that I'm trying to knock out. We had an impromptu date for dinner at a new crepe place in town - it was good! AND we got frozen yogurt for dessert. My happy place. :)







5 comments:
Twice this week we had more snow than they thought - so today when it snowed lightly I just shrugged it off and wore a vest and hat - I reserve panic and the heavy coat for blizzards (-:
The Fro Yo toppings are making me hungry - off to find munchies!
Yet again, you guys are adorable!!!
2 things . . .
1. I thought of you when I got a manicure a week ago. I thought man maybe I should invest in a 'light' too so I can do my nails from home and save money like Bekah :)
2. I don't think I remember you guys going on a cruise. May I ask, where did you go? Did you like it? We are going on our first cruise this year. I am excited, but nervous. I don't want to get sick! Haha
Have a great week!
Tamar - I hope you found some munchies!! I won't tell you about the dessert in the oven right now...
We really did like it. Ryan had been on 7 of them before, but it was my first. We went to Key west, Grand Turk and Nassau. Where are you guys going?
I did get seasick a couple of times (never "got sick" but got really dizzy). I took Dramamine religiously and think next time I would do a patch instead. {though I did hear from someone that if you use a patch, you shouldn't take it off when you get home because you'll get sick from the immediate removal of the medicine from your system.}
Wow, I think I may have to do a patch or Dramamine as well. I REALLY don't want to be miserable or dizzy the whole time! :(
We are going to Cozumel and Grand Cayman :)
What a week! I hope this week has been going so much better for you guys. At least you got a couple of date nights :)
Post a Comment