I'll be honest about it...I had a hard time finding a verse. As I mentioned not long ago, I'm feeling kind of disconnected right now, and I really don't like that feeling at all.
So I went to Beth Moore's blog and looked at the verses people had posted for last time...and one of the very first ones listed fit me perfectly.
I will give them a heart to know me,
that I am the Lord.
They will be my people,
and I will be their God,
for they will return to me with all their heart.
~ Jeremiah 24:7 ~
Here's what I love about this verse:
* I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. God does the giving. That heart to know Him is His to give and mine to receive. And I love the intimacy of the word "know." Not just a head knowledge, but a deep, close, loving knowledge. Like what I experienced last year as I traveled through the desert. That kind of intimacy.
* They will be my people, and I will be their God. I love being claimed. (You can't tell me you don't like it.) And right now, that's a frequent topic of conversation in my prayers. It's so comforting to find in this verse the affirmation that He wants to claim me. He's chosen me. It's not news...but it's so comforting.
* ...for they will return to me with all their heart. And that is what I need to do. I need to throw my whole heart back into this relationship with Him. To ache for His closeness like I did in those painful days when even breathing required prayer.
So thankful for these words...I need them now.
No comments:
Post a Comment